ADVERTISEMENT

Abbott pardon

Do you want to argue that the Governor of Texas has a legal right to pardon someone. I feel if he is not following the law there will be law suits to hold hold him accountable. If the people of Texas don’t like how the Gov is doing his job they can vote him out. Straight forward isn’t it?

I haven’t been on this board for months. I am not surprised there is the same liberal nut cases attacking the right leaning people. Some things never change. Maybe Builder Bob is really George Soros!
Abbott absolutely has the right under the law…..as I said the the thread post if you would bother to read. “Abbott has the right, don’t go there.”

I argue here all the time, whether it be a mayor in Chicago or a DA in New York, if the people of the district, city, or state don’t like the way their elected officials are doing their jobs, they can vote them out. That’s the way the system works. It’s you guys that are always trying to say what should happen in some place you don’t live. But in those case, no one is going to change a vote for Abbott over this case when there are so many other politically charged issues in Texas……..many of which Abbott exploits for political gain.

Just a few points. The very night the verdict came down, Tucker roasted Abbott on his show, telling his Fox News audience that he’d invited the governor to his show to discuss the issue but that Abbott had declined. “So that is Greg Abbott’s position,” Carlson said, baiting him. “There is no right of self-defense in Texas.” Abbott announced his intention to pardon Perry the next day.

Perry obviously had not been sentenced yet. His lawyers had not filed a notice to appeal. The ink was barely dry on the verdict.

Let’s see. The man killed was attending a BLM rally. He was carrying an AK-47. The Texas DA Ken Paxton immediately referred to the county DA as a “Soros backed DA”. Hell, even you couldn’t make a post without bringing it up.
Unsealed documents from the case show Perry talked about killing people and shared racist comments on social media in the years prior to the shooting. Obviously no political motivations for Abbott here correct?

• Haha
Reactions: herrli
Abbott absolutely has the right under the law…..as I said the the thread post if you would bother to read. “Abbott has the right, don’t go there.”

I argue here all the time, whether it be a mayor in Chicago or a DA in New York, if the people of the district, city, or state don’t like the way their elected officials are doing their jobs, they can vote them out. That’s the way the system works. It’s you guys that are always trying to say what should happen in some place you don’t live. But in those case, no one is going to change a vote for Abbott over this case when there are so many other politically charged issues in Texas……..many of which Abbott exploits for political gain.

Just a few points. The very night the verdict came down, Tucker roasted Abbott on his show, telling his Fox News audience that he’d invited the governor to his show to discuss the issue but that Abbott had declined. “So that is Greg Abbott’s position,” Carlson said, baiting him. “There is no right of self-defense in Texas.” Abbott announced his intention to pardon Perry the next day.

Perry obviously had not been sentenced yet. His lawyers had not filed a notice to appeal. The ink was barely dry on the verdict.

Let’s see. The man killed was attending a BLM rally. He was carrying an AK-47. The Texas DA Ken Paxton immediately referred to the county DA as a “Soros backed DA”. Hell, even you couldn’t make a post without bringing it up.
Unsealed documents from the case show Perry talked about killing people and shared racist comments on social media in the years prior to the shooting. Obviously no political motivations for Abbott here correct?
Maybe some data will help Bob understand and appreciate my friendly advice.

All who actually read this full rant by Bob are asked to give it a thumbs up like.

All who actually read the full rant and thought it was worth the time to read it are asked to give it a 'love' response.

Reactions: herrli
Oh lord…you’re off your meds again!

Please post your current location so that we can Baker Act you for your safety.
Is this the best you can do?

At least your pathetic Vietnam vet fable to cover your humiliation had a hint of originality.

Why are you ashamed of your service in Vietnam?

You shouldn’t be.
Instead of continuing to embarrass yourself, why not just admit you were wrong about LBJ v Trump, and about your treason post (and probably some others I have forgotten about)?

There is no shame in being wrong -- especially in your case, given your limited intellectual capacity.

Same for you, @BNIBoiler .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT