ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half D problems

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Is this team wore out by halftime? The second half D is allowing way too much offense....44 last night, 42 vs OSU and 55 @ Rutgers. I actually thought msu was the tougher team defensively in the second half. Sure you can contribute that to, and cry all you want about fouls, but on Purdue's side if they do not shore this up in the next 2 games....they will play their way out of the tourney.

Originally posted by Boiler Buck:
Is this team wore out by halftime? The second half D is allowing way too much offense....44 last night, 42 vs OSU and 55 @ Rutgers. I actually thought msu was the tougher team defensively in the second half. Sure you can contribute that to, and cry all you want about fouls, but on Purdue's side if they do not shore this up in the next 2 games....they will play their way out of the tourney.
Could be. At least last night. Usually we seem to have been a second half team but got mugged so much last night that they very well could of been wore down.

I think we will trounce Illinois. An angry team and what is probably AJH's last home game .. that is the formula for a beat down.

Could be. At least last night. Usually we seem to have been a second half team but got mugged so much last night that they very well could of been wore down.

I think we will trounce Illinois. An angry team and what is probably AJH's last home game .. that is the formula for a beat down.

Originally posted by BBG:

I can't see this as AJH's last home game unless he's going to Europe. I like him and his game's come a long way this year but I don't see him beeing drafted when he goes soft in games like last night and only has a range of about 8 feet. Not enough upside to draft a guy like that. A little more work on the shot and he could get there but not now. JJ had a much better shot and you see how successful his pro career has been.

I think it's more of just being a little mentally tougher and confidence. The team seems to make better adjustments at home, not that surprising really. With the exception of the Indiana game, the Boilers lost control of those games in the second half, and you can throw Illinois and Minnesota in there as well, although there were different issues in those games.

The encouraging thing if you want to be an optimist is that for the most part, Purdue played pretty darn well on the road in the conference this year. But, they did let a couple get away; hopefully that doesn't ultimately cost them a shot at the NCAA tournament.

I do hope Mackey is rocking this weekend.....this kind of team really could thrive on that. Unfortunately, I cannot be there; should be an entertaining game.

8 feet is very generous. I'd give him 5.

JJ is not a great comparison just because JJ lacked the bulk/weight.

But last night was the giant red flag that NBA scouts fear about AJ. For a guy that size, he's not physical.

How do you out-physical a 3 on 1 mugging? Maybe this summer he ought to train in a ring or a cage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT