ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

Looks like his Dad is J.R. Koch (6’ 10”) who played at Iowa. Drafted by Knicks in second round before playing in Europe for a few years.
Paul lusk was at Iowa 2 years before Koch came. I was hopeful their times overlapped, but Paul went to southern Illinois his last 2

Reactions: TX4GB
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but according to the articles linked below, his father is Glenn Robinson. He also said he has had a strong relationship with his brother Gelen Robinson.

yeah, those were available some time back

Sorry, I don't live on this board. Made a bad assumption that the post you were replying to ("Looks like his Dad is J.R. Koch (6’ 10”) who played at Iowa") was referring to Gicarri Harris :confused:
no problem at all I read them again. ;)

Hey 52, love your info and got a ? for you, what kind of competition did Furst play against in H.S.? thanx
Blackhawk Christian is a two A school for their size they play all comers but well below what Smith, Loyer and Kanon Catching face or faced at the biggest school level.

Reactions: Schnelk
Blackhawk Christian is a two A school for their size they play all comers but well below what Smith, Loyer and Kanon Catching face or faced at the biggest school level.
About half the season Loyer and Furst played the same competition as they have always played SAC and/or local Ft Wayne schools.

Reactions: TX4GB
Is he ranked high enough for Cal? His ranking looks like our typical recruiting. Don't worry CMP will turn him into an all-B1G guard.
He is top 100 but not the typical Cal recruit. Perhaps that is Cal realizing he has to change things up since everybody can pay players.

Who was the recruit we lost to Kentucky a number of years ago? Derek something? How’d that work out for him.

Willis. If I recall his dad helped with that move.
Willis made a mistake going to KY. He would have faired much better at Purdue and have played more. On the other hand, one could question his drive and initiative. IIRC he didn’t want to be the GOAT for Purdue, and thought he could hide better among the trees at Kentucky. Sounds lazy and unambitious but I really don’t know much about the kid, so I can’t really say.
:cool:

Last edited:
He is top 100 but not the typical Cal recruit. Perhaps that is Cal realizing he has to change things up since everybody can pay players.

Who was the recruit we lost to Kentucky a number of years ago? Derek something? How’d that work out for him.

Derek and Del Willis......he decommitted from Purdue in August of 2011 - was a top 30 recruit at the time, IIRC.

tumblr_mh5vrofUZW1qaendxo2_r1_250.gifv

Blackhawk is a A sized school. I believe they had to move to AA for basketball because they won 2 state championships in a row. (IHSAA rule).
Even at AA they don't play most of the city schools that are much larger.
Less than 1,000 kids K-12.
Caleb seldom saw anyone as big as he was.

Blackhawk is a A sized school. I believe they had to move to AA for basketball because they won 2 state championships in a row. (IHSAA rule).
Even at AA they don't play most of the city schools that are much larger.
Less than 1,000 kids K-12.
Caleb seldom saw anyone as big as he was.
Your first sentence is correct, everything else is flat out wrong. Just take a look at the link, Caleb's senior season was the 2020-2021. They played many 4A schools during his time at BHC and played Silver Creek a couple of times when TKR was there.

Reactions: Fido641 and Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT