ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

I think there is only 1 targeted scholarship (Thompson’s)? We still need to be ready in case of transfers.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think there is only 1 targeted scholarship (Thompson’s)? We still need to be ready in case of transfers.
Wouldn't Dow's scholarship come up at the same time, assuming we don't fill it in 2022?

We might have 1 extra. From this page, we have 12 scholarships, 4 walkons. I think Waddell took Wheelers.

For 2023 we have 3 achollies but I think 2022 will add two more so 1 plus attrition. Should have 5 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 sophomores coming into 2023 with current commits.

Maybe smart we are pushing Nike against the Adidas schools and one that won’t be named here. Sometimes it may come down to that with kids.

Wonder what Tre and IT's responses mean? Laughing emojis and "might as well" don't exactly inspire confidence.
My 2 cents - it's friendly banter and they are just joking with him. They likely know him from being local (prior to his move) and are just busting his chops. Maybe laughing at the homehero hashtag? I think the "might as well" is more of a "you know you want to be here, just commit already" or "why visit anywhere else when this is the best spot for you." Just my guess, but I wouldn't read into it too much (and I don't think it should deter the confidence either).

My 2 cents - it's friendly banter and they are just joking with him. They likely know him from being local (prior to his move) and are just busting his chops. Maybe laughing at the homehero hashtag? I think the "might as well" is more of a "you know you want to be here, just commit already" or "why visit anywhere else when this is the best spot for you." Just my guess, but I wouldn't read into it too much (and I don't think it should deter the confidence either).
Agree. Local players and Purdue players know each other and play pick-up games together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT