ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting

Feel like i read that Leal is leaning toward Stanford.

Leal is going to end up at Stanford. Wants to get away from home, Galloway committed quickly so just in case Leal committed to IU the scholly is still there for him.

Huh. So IU is gonna lose a kid from their own backyard?

If he's smart enough to get into Stanford he's smart enough to stay out of that clown posse if he has a viable choice.

How could you turn down Stanford? Fantastic school. Fantastic location.

:)

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Looking guaranteed to be at IU?
'Guaranteed' is committing, signing, and showing up for the first practice (lol).

I'd say looking very likely.

IU boards are whispering unsubstantiated rumors that Ivey could look elsewhere now that hes at LaLu and his mom is in Penny H town. Any notion of that around these parts?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
'Guaranteed' is committing, signing, and showing up for the first practice (lol).

IU boards are whispering unsubstantiated rumors that Ivey could look elsewhere now that hes at LaLu and his mom is in Penny H town. Any notion of that around these parts?
I have not heard any rumors about Jaden on this board.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
I was thinking we should have pulled the trigger and hired her as women’s HC here but maybe that comes in a year or 2 if things don’t improve. The $ needed would be more now.

"IU boards whispering unsubstantiated rumors..." That's strike 1, 2 and 3.

I was thinking we should have pulled the trigger and hired her as women’s HC here but maybe that comes in a year or 2 if things don’t improve. The $ needed would be more now.

The gender barrier can also break for the men's program. If Shrew or anyone else leaves, I'm not sure why she wouldn't be under consideration as an assistant.

Congrats. He’s the shooter you need. I wouldn’t have chosen Purdue over Stanford if I had the option but hey, that’s me.
Pardon my bluntness, but if I were a high level basketball player with very strong academics, I would choose Purdue over Stanford every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Purdue is obviously also a very good school, and for finding high paying employment and a non-basketball career? Nothing beats being an accomplished instate player that played for IU or Purdue. That, and the basketball experience at Purdue is so far superior to at Stanford it's not even remotely debatable.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Leal is going to end up at Stanford. Wants to get away from home, Galloway committed quickly so just in case Leal committed to IU the scholly is still there for him.
I'll own it, I was wrong...HOWEVER I don't post things on here that I don't hear from trusted sources. The last I had heard was that Leal wanted to get away from home, so I posted it. Sometimes it's wrong, sometimes it's right. (I rarely post here, just lurk.)

I still think that Galloway committed on that exact day because Leal announced his top two. It's a good get for IU that solves an area of need (shooting), and boy can Leal shoot it. He's a sneaky good pick-up.

Pardon my bluntness, but if I were a high level basketball player with very strong academics, I would choose Purdue over Stanford every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Purdue is obviously also a very good school, and for finding high paying employment and a non-basketball career? Nothing beats being an accomplished instate player that played for IU or Purdue. That, and the basketball experience at Purdue is so far superior to at Stanford it's not even remotely debatable.
How dare you as a Hoosier fan say Purdue is better than Stanford and that I’m wrong...wait a minute, that was a very kind statement. Are you going to tell me Purdue basketball is superior to IU’s next?:D

S
Simply not true ( Ridiculous )

Hey, we are mentioned as one of the early 5! No Duke, Kentucky, UNC that we feared when he blew up this year. Early relationship building helped us. Zags got Timme so that worries me more than O$U, Iowa St, or Texas of the other schools he mentioned.

Gonzaga also reportedly leads for 2020 5star PG Jalen Suggs who is his HS teammate. I also think they will be the team to beat. I think Minnesota has a bad year, Richard is on the hot seat again, and luckily won't have the roster to attract a talent like this.

It's awesome he wants to visit again soon though. Purdue should have a roster in 2021 where he would fit in perfectly at the 4. A guy like him would make that roster a NC contender immediately IMO. I'm sure the Purdue coaches are already telling him this.

I get the feeling that while CMP was interested, this guy was not a Class A priority. Recruiting results are much improved, so we just have to trust the staff's judgment until proven otherwise.
Good point. Harrison Ingram is one of our SF targets in that class. Also we are all in on Max Christie who could probably slide from the 2-3.

Friends of the cause: Do not fret! I, along with my pal @mreeser, have returned to campus! The mourning period is over. Although we have not known the horror of a Purdue squad without Cline for 4 years, we re-enter that bleak time this November. I am hopeful that the presence of Grady Eifert as a GA and the emergence of Sasha Stefanovic can pick up the slack!

Friends of the cause: Do not fret! I, along with my pal @mreeser, have returned to campus! The mourning period is over. Although we have not known the horror of a Purdue squad without Cline for 4 years, we re-enter that bleak time this November. I am hopeful that the presence of Grady Eifert as a GA and the emergence of Sasha Stefanovic can pick up the slack!
All be prepared for the weekly content collaboration between @Bulldog6969 , @Brian_GoldandBlack.com , and I

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT