ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting

TX4GB

All-American
May 19, 2012
I know Furst and Holmgren are top priorities along with Goode and Christie. I saw an offer yesterday from Western Kentucky to Brooks Barnhizer, a 6’6” guard from our backyard at Jeff:

His twin brother Braxton has some crazy NBA range, similar to Boogie:

I know Furst and Holmgren are top priorities along with Goode and Christie. I saw an offer yesterday from Western Kentucky to Brooks Barnhizer, a 6’6” guard from our backyard at Jeff:

The fun thing about the Braxton video is that as soon as the ball left his hand, he headed to the other end of the court as if he knew it was good. (Of course,they didn't show the misses.)

Reactions: Darren579 and TX4GB

Good heavens...some of the those were just bombs from way deep...weird lower shooting motion.

He would have to walk on or prep school with a chance at a 2022 scholie onward. 2021 with only 2 scholies he will not be offered. That is a crazy video tho.

Goode does not have offer yet. Lots of Purdue interest tho

Last edited:
I have watched both play on the AAU circuit as my grandson plays for the Indiana Ice 11u team . Props to their mom she is as knowledgeable a basketball fan as any . Scouts to watch them play are normally not D1 . Both are fine young men I have often seen them interact with the younger players in a positive way . I will see them this weekend in a tourney in Indy . I am totally Bias I wish them both well .

Kid like this can contribute in Painters offense as an upperclassman. In another year, he probably is in contention for our one-a-class midwest lights-out shooter role. We seem to be recruiting at such a high level right now that we can't afford to waste a schollie on that. I hope he takes a PWO spot. He can def contribute as an upperclassman

Leal is going to end up at Stanford. Wants to get away from home, Galloway committed quickly so just in case Leal committed to IU the scholly is still there for him.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Galloway and Leal were offered on the same day late in April. IU has four open scholarships and would gladly take Leal as well. It isn’t a one or another scenario.

Everyone listen to Mr. Asher. Interns at low level high school scouting companies have all of the connections. He couldn't possibly be wrong.

He very well may end up at Stanford and who could blame him? But the notion that Galloway committed quickly is false. Leal and Galloway were offered on the same day and Galloway in the last month or two has become a top priority. IU has 3 open scholarships as it stands today and one is always going to be there for Leal, regardless of what Galloway does. I guess anybody with a twitter handle who retweets high school kids is now credible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT