ADVERTISEMENT

…and the troubles continue for IU

So how were you talking about the Purdue players at the time? Asking for a friend.
I think the 4 game suspension was the right call. As I think X should receive. Removal from team with scholarship taken away seems a bit dramatic. Kids make mistakes. I'm sure Cline is a contributing member to society now and I am glad they gave him a chance to make it right (and I know that wasn't his first "team offense"). I don't condone the activities of any of them, but god knows I was doing some stupid things while in college and I'm glad I didn't have grown ass men criticizing my every move. I get they're held to a higher standard, and he should be punished, but let's calm down here.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I think the 4 game suspension was the right call. As I think X should receive. Removal from team with scholarship taken away seems a bit dramatic. Kids make mistakes. I'm sure Cline is a contributing member to society now and I am glad they gave him a chance to make it right (and I know that wasn't his first "team offense"). I don't condone the activities of any of them, but god knows I was doing some stupid things while in college and I'm glad I didn't have grown ass men criticizing my every move. I get they're held to a higher standard, and he should be punished, but let's calm down here.
So is this X’s third chance ?

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I don’t know the penalties for evading arrest, but is it possible x will face jail time?
Not realistically. Charges will get negotiated between prosecutor and defense attorneys, usually lowered, and a plea deal accepted. He will pay a fine and do community service and maybe have to complete defensive driving. They don't throw the book at you unless you have a pattern (multiple past charges).

Reactions: johnboiler123
First one was a team issued suspension for missing curfew. So technically yes, legally no. I would say this will be the last "warning" given that will come with a multiple game suspension. I think if something does happen again it more than warrants a removal from the team.
You believe that suspension was just for “missing curfew” ?

I think he should have gotten a second chance. He did. He doesn’t deserve a third. He’ll be a disaster this next year when indinia is horrible without tjd or race. It will be a shitshow with the xman running the show. It will be fun to watch as a Purdue fan. Indinia is always a drama show that never ends. Love it.

Nothing will happen RE jail time, etc. Maybe a little probation but I doubt that. Community service would be a good punishment, if any. Game suspensions - meh. Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

XJ is an ahole tho. Glad he's a Hoosier and not a Boiler. But honestly, I'd prob love him if he was a Boiler lmao. As long as he's OUR ahole.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Not realistically. Charges will get negotiated between prosecutor and defense attorneys, usually lowered, and a plea deal accepted. He will pay a fine and do community service and maybe have to complete defensive driving. They don't throw the book at you unless you have a pattern (multiple past charges).
I doubt he has a driver's license left. Evading arrest, fleeing police, lying about who was driving. He should do time.

Unfortunately the felony of running and trying to evade is going to be a big deal. Absolute no-no he screwed that up bad. Most judges aren't going to go light on 90 in a populated area, either. He might be doing some time.
I wonder how a judge views the speeding knowing he was sober and chose to drive that fast through a populated area as opposed to being out of his mind and doing the same..."ONLY" on the speeding situation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT