ADVERTISEMENT

…and the troubles continue for IU

And resisting arrest? Yeah if his college career at IU isn't done, then that will say a lot about their head coach.

Pat knight resisted arrest leaving Kilroy’s one night, and he used the do you know who I am to the cops

• Wow
Reactions: TX4GB
Now who was it from the IU forum that was all pissy when I said Johnson was a punk? What will Woody give him this time...the third time if might add that? Two day suspension?

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
I didn't know switching seats constituted "resisting arrest"...
Resisting without violence. Resisting with violence is a completley different thing, and it is not the thing that happened here apparently.

I say "apparently" because that is how the news accounts read. Maybe the evidence shows worse, maybe the evidence shows not as bad. For now it seems that there was no booze or drugs, that he was going way too fast, and that he switched seats.

Because he went to fast in a car and tried to switch seats when he got pulled over? Ok.
You must have conveniently missed this part:

"Shortly after 3:00 AM, a Monroe County Sheriff’s Deputy observed with radar that a Dodge Charger was traveling at 90 miles per hour on North Walnut street. Walnut street is a main thoroughfare through downtown Bloomington. Deputy Kyle Moulden attempted to stop the car, but the driver refused to stop. The car drove into an apartment complex, and ran a stop sign during the continued flight"

That is resisting Law Enforcement which is a Felony charge. He did not get violent at least.....good decision by him.

You must have conveniently missed this part:

"Shortly after 3:00 AM, a Monroe County Sheriff’s Deputy observed with radar that a Dodge Charger was traveling at 90 miles per hour on North Walnut street. Walnut street is a main thoroughfare through downtown Bloomington. Deputy Kyle Moulden attempted to stop the car, but the driver refused to stop. The car drove into an apartment complex, and ran a stop sign during the continued flight"

That is resisting Law Enforcement which is a Felony charge. He did not get violent at least.....good decision by him.
IU fans don't understand printed facts. Thanks for attempting to help them out.

Because he went to fast in a car and tried to switch seats when he got pulled over? Ok.
Wait THAT is the story you loosiers are going with?? All I can say is:

XtTT.gif

So let me get this straight
-DUI with a .272 (over 3x the limit)= 4 game suspension
-High behind the wheel at 9:50 am "unresponsive" with your foot jammed on the gas petal=4 game suspension

but speeding and switching seats with a friend is a cause for removal from team with scholarship...got it

None of these things are a great situation, and you guys get on your high horse and act like you're perfect and it cracks me up. At the end of the day they're kids. They mess up. (yes young 20's is still a kid). Getting on here and criticizing kids won't make your life any better.

I don't condone any of this activity, nor should anyone else. But really. Get over yourselves.

Reactions: bonefish1
-High behind the wheel at 9:50 am "unresponsive" with your foot jammed on the gas petal=4 game suspension

but speeding and switching seats with a friend is a cause for removal from team with scholarship...got it

None of these things are a great situation, and you guys get on your high horse and act like you're perfect and it cracks me up. At the end of the day they're kids. They mess up. (yes young 20's is still a kid). Getting on here and criticizing kids won't make your life any better.

I don't condone any of this activity, nor should anyone else. But really. Get over yourselves.
You are correct. But you minimizing what johnson did is ridiculous. The other two guys also faced strike one. Xavier hasn’t been on campus one year and he already had strike one.

and let’s not pretend he’s not facing a major misdemeanor and felony.

Speeding? He was going 90 mph and I believe the speed limit was 25 mph. That would be standard reckless driving a class C misdemeanor and if convicted can result in up to 60 days in jail.

I'm just glad to know that IU fans are finally acknowledging we are the gold standard by which all other programs should be measured.

Now the fact they can't read that barometer is still an issue, but it's a step in the right direction.

Reactions: indyogb and delarno

No it's the resisting arrest that does it since you know, that is a felony on top of the other felony he did by driving far over the speed limit.

But keep trying to spin and justify it however you want. But nobody here is buying the crap you are trying to sell here.

It is very interesting that you are the second Hoosier fan to totally ignore the worst part of XJ's crime, you know the Felony part......"Deputy Kyle Moulden attempted to stop the car, but the driver refused to stop. The car drove into an apartment complex, and ran a stop sign during the continued flight". You crack me up.

Also, I don't know for sure because I don't pay that close of attention to IU but was XJ one of the players suspended when IU played at Northwestern? If so, what was he suspended for?

No one condoned anything you mentioned regarding Purdue players. Get over yourself and your Holier than thou BS.

IU is desperate to win and finally be relevant somehow......they will ignore this because they need XJ in the worst way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Not a good incident. Don't know if Woody will allow him to stay. But the info continues to come out:

Dustin Dopirak
@DustinDopirak
·
38m
Updated version of the Xavier Johnson story. Got clarity on a couple things from the Monroe County Sheriff. 1) Johnson was given a portable breath test for alcohol and the level was "extremely low." 2) Johnson was cooperative during the traffic stop as well as after and when being taken into custody, so the resisting law enforcement was solely for the alleged initial evasion.

Show this thread
Dustin Dopirak
@DustinDopirak
·
38m

PS: He is over 21, so way too fast and not good, but not drunk driving. Probably not worth throwing away his scholarship and therein his future over, but only the IU staff knows the whole backstory.

why is he gone?
I think it's safe to say that Durr, Lander, and Stewart's departures are a direct result of the feedback they received from Woodson post-season.

With Phinisee it was a Phinisee decision, probably based on XJ and Hood-Schifino being ahead of him on the PG depth chart next year.

Reactions: delarno
It is very interesting that you are the second Hoosier fan to totally ignore the worst part of XJ's crime, you know the Felony part......"Deputy Kyle Moulden attempted to stop the car, but the driver refused to stop. The car drove into an apartment complex, and ran a stop sign during the continued flight". You crack me up.

Also, I don't know for sure because I don't pay that close of attention to IU but was XJ one of the players suspended when IU played at Northwestern? If so, what was he suspended for?

No one condoned anything you mentioned regarding Purdue players. Get over yourself and your Holier than thou BS.

IU is desperate to win and finally be relevant somehow......they will ignore this because they need XJ in the worst way.
He was suspended for missing curfew. A team decision not a legal matter.

Reactions: delarno
Unfortunately the felony of running and trying to evade is going to be a big deal. Absolute no-no he screwed that up bad. Most judges aren't going to go light on 90 in a populated area, either. He might be doing some time.

I would assume he takes a quick plea. If iu let’s him stay on team there is a policy I believe that says someone charged with a felony can’t participate in team activities. If he fights it, it will certainly extend into the season. If they won’t offer a step down to misdemeanor than he may be toast.

I would assume he takes a quick plea. If iu let’s him stay on team there is a policy I believe that says someone charged with a felony can’t participate in team activities. If he fights it, it will certainly extend into the season. If they won’t offer a step down to misdemeanor than he may be toast.
Felony will most likely get dropped to a misdemeanor.

Based on the responses here so far, the felon u faithful will welcome him back with open arms.

So how were you talking about the Purdue players at the time? Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT