ADVERTISEMENT

“They” Say That

I've had many people approach me to say teams improve most from week one to week two. Some had tears in their eyes. "You showed more improvement than any other team." they said.

Bigger question is what is week zero

Lots to be encouraged about in this game or at least the little bit I saw (tv coverage was crazy). Running game was solid, better pass rush, good bounce back game. Wonder why VT didn't play the QB that came in at the end of the game earlier? He looked more fluid, dual threat, athletic, glad they didn't though.

Lots to be encouraged about in this game or at least the little bit I saw (tv coverage was crazy). Running game was solid, better pass rush, good bounce back game. Wonder why VT didn't play the QB that came in at the end of the game earlier? He looked more fluid, dual threat, athletic, glad they didn't though.
No points given up in second half was clutch. Also can’t believe Mock is a soph. Guy is a beast.

No points given up in second half was clutch. Also can’t believe Mock is a soph. Guy is a beast.
Agree. I think he might end up being our best rb of all time assuming he stays healthy. He reminds me of OJ Simpson. Just something different about his runner style.

Reactions: pboiler18
Agree. I think he might end up being our best rb of all time assuming he stays healthy. He reminds me of OJ Simpson. Just something different about his runner style.
Gunna sound ignorant…but he runs like Walter Payton. Very free at the waist. Light and steppe legs. Kid is fun fun fun to watch. Big reason why we won this game tonight!

He is a really good back, but if your window of comparison is more than a decade or so Leroy Keyes and Otis Armstrong were pretty good. Can't leave out Mike Alstott and Cory Sheets. Montrell Lowe lacking break away speed was good for 20 yards. He may end up being mentioned as one of the best no doubt.

Reactions: Schnelk
He is a really good back, but if your window of comparison is more than a decade or so Leroy Keyes and Otis Armstrong were pretty good. Can't leave out Mike Alstott and Cory Sheets. Montrell Lowe lacking break away speed was good for 20 yards. He may end up being mentioned as one of the best no doubt.
Keyes and Armstrong especially make get end up being good comparisons…

Reactions: tjreese
Mike Pruitt and Corey Rogers were pretty good too

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
Alstott is our current record holder at 3,635 yds. If Mock runs for what he did last year as a freshman with zero improvement for the next 3 years he will end up with 3,872 yds. I stand by he has a real chance to be our best rb ever.

Alstott is our current record holder at 3,635 yds. If Mock runs for what he did last year as a freshman with zero improvement for the next 3 years he will end up with 3,872 yds. I stand by he has a real chance to be our best rb ever.

Mock also gets a quite a few receiving yards. Im guessing he probably has a chance to break the yards from scrimmage record as well...whatever that may be.

different times to only use yardage (O & D a bit different years ago). sorta like points before the 3 and after the 3 lumped together. That said, he has been great for Purdue and if he keeps going will be remembered for quite a few years... @destewart are we forgetting some great RBs?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT