ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Dick Corbett - WTH?

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
Mailer for a fundraiser featuring speaker Marcus Freeman: "Notre Dame's DIck Corbett Head Football coach" and repeats that phrase several times.
They sold the Flipping naming rights to "Head Coach" to a wealthy alum that donated 10m.
So he's no longer "head football coach" - he's always "Dick Corbett Head football coach Marcus Freeman".
Is that the silliest thing you've seen lately?
Dollars to donuts some people are talking about Coach Dick Corbett and them irish.
Apologies if old news, new to me.

Mailer for a fundraiser featuring speaker Marcus Freeman: "Notre Dame's DIck Corbett Head Football coach" and repeats that phrase several times.
They sold the Flipping naming rights to "Head Coach" to a wealthy alum that donated 10m.
So he's no longer "head football coach" - he's always "Dick Corbett Head football coach Marcus Freeman".
Is that the silliest thing you've seen lately?
Dollars to donuts some people are talking about Coach Dick Corbett and them irish.
Apologies if old news, new to me.
So every ND coach will be a Dick.

It's soooo perfect.

Edit... I actually like Freeman, so perhaps not him.

Reactions: Flot
Purdue isn't obnoxious with it, but is that any different than these?

"The L. Dick Buell Endowed Head Men’s Basketball Coaching position is the second of its kind for Purdue Athletics, following the establishment of the Art and Connie Euler Head Volleyball Coaching position in September of 2017."

Reactions: pboiler18
Purdue isn't obnoxious with it, but is that any different than these?

"The L. Dick Buell Endowed Head Men’s Basketball Coaching position is the second of its kind for Purdue Athletics, following the establishment of the Art and Connie Euler Head Volleyball Coaching position in September of 2017."
nope it sure isn't.
First I've heard of any of this silliness.

Reactions: pboiler18
nope it sure isn't.
First I've heard of any of this silliness.
There is a difference between an endowment that funds a position and buying the naming rights of the the position.

I have never head anyone reference coach Painter as anything but "coach", "coach Painter", or "Matt".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT