ADVERTISEMENT

“Blistering”

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
Mitch McConnell attacked Trump after the vote in a “blistering speech” according to the New York Times. See front page of today’s NYT.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Mitch McConnell attacked Trump after the vote in a “blistering speech” according to the New York Times. See front page of today’s NYT.
McConnell and Biden are long time best friends. Both were active and supportive of the KKK years ago. Trump was right when he stated that Mitch should be removed from the Senate. BTW Beth....it's Trump 2...your boys 0.

McConnell and Biden are long time best friends. Both were active and supportive of the KKK years ago. Trump was right when he stated that Mitch should be removed from the Senate. BTW Beth....it's Trump 2...your boys 0.
Biden never supported the KKK.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
"Democrats need to emphatically claim this trial as a victory. They exposed a horrific story that needed to be told clearly, completely and publicly — one that Republicans fought tooth and nail to silence and sweep under the rug. Despite the extraordinary lack of integrity from many of the “jurors,” this effort was a success." LA Observer

"Democrats need to emphatically claim this trial as a victory. They exposed a horrific story that needed to be told clearly, completely and publicly — one that Republicans fought tooth and nail to silence and sweep under the rug. Despite the extraordinary lack of integrity from many of the “jurors,” this effort was a success." LA Observer
Sure Beth. I guess it's okay for all your lib hero's like Pelosi, Chuckie, Waters to all call for violence and hatred against Trump and his supporters.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
He’s a chickenshit. Used a bullshit constitutionality argument as a crutch so he didn’t have to vote what he actually believed. Coward.

But it was expected. Now it’s time to move on.

What horrific story ? The one of Cuomo covering up his killing of thousands of nursing home residents?

Sorry but he did. He and Robert Byrd were best friends too. Byrd was a Klan leader and Biden has been in several photos with he and Byrd together. Guilt by association has sent folks to jail.
Ok...works for me...

donald-trump-melania-trump-jeffrey-epstein.jpg

Last edited:
Spin spin spin spin spin.....LOL

Ok...works for me...

donald-trump-melania-trump-jeffrey-epstein.jpg
Nice try, however there is a massive difference here. When Biden took the photo with Byrd, it was well knows Byrds history and that Biden knew that history. That's not the case here with Trump. In fact when Trump found out Epstein made improper advances on the little daughters of club members, Trump threw Epstein out and banned him from coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Nice try, however there is a massive difference here. When Biden took the photo with Byrd, it was well knows Byrds history. That's not the case here with Trump. In fact when Trump found out Epstein made improper advances on the little daughters of club members, Trump threw Epstein out and banned him from coming back.
So you agree with the Twin argument that having your picture taken with someone means you are as guilty as they are for their racist beliefs?

So you agree with the Twin argument that having your picture taken with someone means you are as guilty as they are for their racist beliefs?
Not entirely no but to some degree yes. I was just showing that what 70boiler was trying to do wasn't apples to apples. I think it depends on what the person knows about the racist (or whatever that individual is guilty of) at the time the picture is taken.

OMG. The new administration will have much to cover up over the next 4 years. The entire latest impeachment trial was against the constitution. Roberts not presiding. 1st amendment . But we had to let them present doctored evidence for 2 days and trash Trump. Sorry, the vote is over and Trump was acquitted. Let's see what you got President Biden.

Not entirely no but to some degree yes. I was just showing that what 70boiler was trying to do wasn't apples to apples. I think it depends on what the person knows about the racist (or whatever that individual is guilty of) at the time the picture is taken.
I don't know what pictures the poster was referring to..........but Biden would certainly have known about Byrd's past. So that makes him guilty by association......?.....even though Byrd admitted his prior beliefs were wrong? I think the NAACP even came out after his death and honored him for his work on civil rights and voting right, acknowledging his rebuke of his former KKK associations.

Don't we want to celebrate those who change their bigoted views and become more enlightened? Are we going to hold their past transgressions against them when they have clearly changed their position? By extension, are we going to vilify those who take pictures with them?
Unless the photo in question was taken before 1970, Biden was pictured with a reformed man.
I think Biden even spoke at Byrd's funeral........so maybe everyone should run with that too.

Nice try, however there is a massive difference here. When Biden took the photo with Byrd, it was well knows Byrds history and that Biden knew that history. That's not the case here with Trump. In fact when Trump found out Epstein made improper advances on the little daughters of club members, Trump threw Epstein out and banned him from coming back.

Well the one thing we know is in his 2005 memoir Byrd wrote “It has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one’s life, career, and reputation.” and the NAACP issued a statement praising him at the time of his death. “Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card,” said Hilary O. Shelton, director of the NAACP Washington bureau and senior vice president for advocacy and policy. “He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation.”

I don't know what pictures the poster was referring to..........but Biden would certainly have known about Byrd's past. So that makes him guilty by association......?.....even though Byrd admitted his prior beliefs were wrong? I think the NAACP even came out after his death and honored him for his work on civil rights and voting right, acknowledging his rebuke of his former KKK associations.

Don't we want to celebrate those who change their bigoted views and become more enlightened? Are we going to hold their past transgressions against them when they have clearly changed their position? By extension, are we going to vilify those who take pictures with them?
Unless the photo in question was taken before 1970, Biden was pictured with a reformed man.
I think Biden even spoke at Byrd's funeral........so maybe everyone should run with that too.
Sure I understand giving someone a second chance. However in some of his statements, it sounds like a big reason he changed were purely political in nature.

For example:
"As Robert Byrd passes, an era in race relations ends. Byrd started his political life as an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. In 1944, Byrd wrote the following in a letter to Senator Theodore Bilbo: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." Byrd filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act for 14 hours.

Byrd changed his mind later in life. In some respects, that change seems to have been politically motivated; maybe it was only politics at first.In 1997, he had this advice for up-and-coming politicians: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." That sounds like a coldly calculated assessment of political risk. Byrd made no secret of the decision he made to downplay his segregationist views in order to advance in Washington and move toward the mainstream."

With statements like that it's hard to know if his conversion was actually real or if it were mostly moved due to ambition with politics in a world that doesn't support those views anymore.

Video of his 20 minute statement made on the Senate floor immediately following the vote...

Did anyone listen to the full 20 minute speech? I doubt seriously that they did. I suspect that most people only read or watched the cliff notes version presented by MSM. This speech s 20 mintes long and the last ten minutes are just as important as the first ten minutes because it explains that Congress should not violate the Constitution to do what they feel is right.(In their eyes). Libs have a penchant to adjust laws and the constitution to meet their views. This leads to tyranny. Congress’ job is to pass legislation.

He's not the president anymore...derp lol. how was my impression?
The obvious foolishness is your post, since it has an absence of any relevance, given that the post to which I replied, which was quoted in my reply, was in relevant part

... Byrd was a Klan leader and Biden has been in several photos with he and Byrd together. Guilt by association has sent folks to jail.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Did anyone listen to the full 20 minute speech? I doubt seriously that they did. I suspect that most people only read or watched the cliff notes version presented by MSM. This speech s 20 mintes long and the last ten minutes are just as important as the first ten minutes because it explains that Congress should not violate the Constitution to do what they feel is right.(In their eyes). Libs have a penchant to adjust laws and the constitution to meet their views. This leads to tyranny. Congress’ job is to pass legislation.
I did, and made it a point to link the entire version rather than any of the truncated ones.
As to the fluidity of "libs" I would refer you to the conclusions that the McConnell view of lack of jurisdiction is faulty was published prior to the proceedings by Steven Calabresi, the co-founder of the Federalist Society; Charles Fried, who served as solicitor general under Ronald Reagan and is now an adviser to the Harvard chapter of the Federalist Society; Ilya Somin, a law professor at George Mason University and adjunct scholar at the libertarian Cato Institute, Ted Olsen, former Solicitor General among the large group.

The obvious foolishness is your post, since it has an absence of any relevance, given that the post to which I replied, which was quoted in my reply, was in relevant part
Nope. Biden is president and guilty by association with racism. Quit making this about trump. He's not president anymore.

Reactions: fish bowl
Sure I understand giving someone a second chance. However in some of his statements, it sounds like a big reason he changed were purely political in nature.

For example:
"As Robert Byrd passes, an era in race relations ends. Byrd started his political life as an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. In 1944, Byrd wrote the following in a letter to Senator Theodore Bilbo: "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds." Byrd filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act for 14 hours.

Byrd changed his mind later in life. In some respects, that change seems to have been politically motivated; maybe it was only politics at first.In 1997, he had this advice for up-and-coming politicians: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." That sounds like a coldly calculated assessment of political risk. Byrd made no secret of the decision he made to downplay his segregationist views in order to advance in Washington and move toward the mainstream."

With statements like that it's hard to know if his conversion was actually real or if it were mostly moved due to ambition with politics in a world that doesn't support those views anymore.
Agree to an extent. But his actions did reflect a change. Only he knew his true motivations.

But back to the he original assertion, Joe is guilty by association for taking a picture with a former KKK member.......whose transformation may or may not have been sincere? Joe believed Byrd had changed, as did many others.

Agree to an extent. But his actions did reflect a change. Only he knew his true motivations.

But back to the he original assertion, Joe is guilty by association for taking a picture with a former KKK member.......whose transformation may or may not have been sincere? Joe believed Byrd had changed, as did many others.
And that's fine. I wasn't the one making the argument. I was just pointing out that Trumps photo with Epstein is way different. At that time, Epstein was believed to be an upstanding citizen and in the right social circles.

I did, and made it a point to link the entire version rather than any of the truncated ones.
As to the fluidity of "libs" I would refer you to the conclusions that the McConnell view of lack of jurisdiction is faulty was published prior to the proceedings by Steven Calabresi, the co-founder of the Federalist Society; Charles Fried, who served as solicitor general under Ronald Reagan and is now an adviser to the Harvard chapter of the Federalist Society; Ilya Somin, a law professor at George Mason University and adjunct scholar at the libertarian Cato Institute, Ted Olsen, former Solicitor General among the large group.
There are clearly lots of views on the subject. Robert’s refusal to oversee the “trial” spoke volumes about his views.

Oh, and topsecretboiler, make sure you find a thing like the Lincoln Project to donate to like BuilderBob6 did so you can pay for a guy like Steve Schmidt's bathroom!

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
There are clearly lots of views on the subject. Robert’s refusal to oversee the “trial” spoke volumes about his views.
Perhaps, I don't know the Chief Justice, and am not so presumptuous to indicate that I know what he thought.
I have had the privilege, however, to have known a large number of other judges in both the state and federal systems at trial and appellate levels. My contact with them would lead me to believe the overwhelming majority have the opinion that they should never rule on any issue unless they are required to do so.

Perhaps, I don't know the Chief Justice, and am not so presumptuous to indicate that I know what he thought.
I have had the privilege, however, to have known a large number of other judges in both the state and federal systems at trial and appellate levels. My contact with them would lead me to believe the overwhelming majority have the opinion that they should never rule on any issue unless they are required to do so.
Sounds like you have been in trouble with the law quite a bit. I hope you have learned to follow the straight and narrow.

• Haha
Please....they don't understand the truth B3. You're going to hurt their heads.

Reactions: Riveting
Speaking of “guilt by association”, didn’t Trump wish Ghislaine Maxwell well in her legal battles? Lots of pictures out there of Trump with Maxwell.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Speaking of “guilt by association”, didn’t Trump wish Ghislaine Maxwell well in her legal battles? Lots of pictures out there of Trump with Maxwell.
You know, there's pics of Hillary's and Slick's daughter with Epstein and Maxwell too. Where's your outrage about that Beth. So Epstein and Slick went to the island at least 23 times and on a couple of those Chelsea was with them. Wonder what the motive was for her to be along with Epstein and Daddy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT