ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey NBA draft combine results

I've always said his shot looks very good. The evidence is in his free throws IMO. Selfishly for him I would have liked the offense to have included that this past year, but it really wasn't necessary for the team goals. If he can consistently make a 12-15 foot jumper, he should be a lottery pick.

@boilerzz

Can you change the title of this thread to Zach Edey NBA Draft Combine Results”.

Awesome to see him shoot so confidently and test well.

I’m still hoping he falls to the Bucks!
Spurs woulda been so cool. Learning from Pop and Tim Duncan…and then playing with Wemby….but I don’t think they’re using the 4th or 8th pick on him. Maybe they’ll trade back

I hope these haters eat crow. I told'em Edey could do a lot more than he does in the game. Congrats to Zach!!; I see everyone online now wanting him on their team after he splashed 3's, 2's and ran the cones. Hope he gets to a great team and they know how to use and further develop him.
No one listened to us Purdue fans about him. Hope he does well in the nba and has a double digit year career there. Skys the limit for him…I don’t think he’s at his ceiling by any means. But as you said, hope it’s to a team that can develop him and one that will value him

I've always said his shot looks very good. The evidence is in his free throws IMO. Selfishly for him I would have liked the offense to have included that this past year, but it really wasn't necessary for the team goals. If he can consistently make a 12-15 foot jumper, he should be a lottery pick.
agreed. He's got a nice looking stroke. A little slow but no one is blocking it anyway.
These videos remind of the ones we saw of Berg before he got on campus. Will Painter take advantage of that outside game or will Berg sit on the low block?

agreed. He's got a nice looking stroke. A little slow but no one is blocking it anyway.
These videos remind of the ones we saw of Berg before he got on campus. Will Painter take advantage of that outside game or will Berg sit on the low block?
Depends on how good Berg is on the block…but don’t worry bone, if the offense is post centric, we can still make a deep run 😉

Wait...what? Are we getting a 6'5 athletic guard from the portal? ......
Nah, we have a 6’7 athletic guard/wing who is going to make a jump, along with a 6’5 guard who will also make a sophomore jump…both can shoot and jump out the gym and the 6’7 guy can play a little defense! Have a 6’9 potential one and done kid who can score at all 3 levels and a kid who is a 6’4 combo guard that will provide solid mins on both sides of the ball. So, I don’t think we will be post centric at all tbh…but was just giving ya crap …which I assume you were doing the same to me as well 😂

ESPN article ,who stood out in drills:

Zach Edey, C, Purdue: Edey, ranked No. 14 in our Top 100, measured exceptionally well as expected -- 7-foot-5 in shoes, with a near 7-foot-11 wingspan, 299 pounds and a 9-foot-7.5 standing reach -- unprecedented figures that we learned at last year's NBA draft combine before Edey withdrew from the draft. But he also tested better than last year, shaving off time from last year's pro lane agility drill, and measuring a solid vertical leap and three-quarter court sprint time, showing the significant improvement he has made with his conditioning and mobility since electing to return to Purdue for his senior season.

He also put on a pretty impressive showing in shooting drills, hitting 3s off movement, spotting up and pulling up off the dribble, showing some real potential in that area as he has long insisted he possesses. Edey has quite a few fans around the NBA at this point, and there are plenty of executives who say they have him ranked as a lottery pick, or even as a top-10 prospect because of how well he rates in their analytics models. -- Givony

Me: No surprise. He could shoot but was not allowed to in Purdue system. He works hard at getting better and listens to coaches.

ESPN article ,who stood out in drills:

Zach Edey, C, Purdue: Edey, ranked No. 14 in our Top 100, measured exceptionally well as expected -- 7-foot-5 in shoes, with a near 7-foot-11 wingspan, 299 pounds and a 9-foot-7.5 standing reach -- unprecedented figures that we learned at last year's NBA draft combine before Edey withdrew from the draft. But he also tested better than last year, shaving off time from last year's pro lane agility drill, and measuring a solid vertical leap and three-quarter court sprint time, showing the significant improvement he has made with his conditioning and mobility since electing to return to Purdue for his senior season.

He also put on a pretty impressive showing in shooting drills, hitting 3s off movement, spotting up and pulling up off the dribble, showing some real potential in that area as he has long insisted he possesses. Edey has quite a few fans around the NBA at this point, and there are plenty of executives who say they have him ranked as a lottery pick, or even as a top-10 prospect because of how well he rates in their analytics models. -- Givony

Me: No surprise. He could shoot but was not allowed to in Purdue system. He works hard at getting better and listens to coaches.
First it was “he’s not that good, he’s just tall”…Zach somehow has an even better year than his first NPOTY.

Then it was “well he’s a foul merchant, he won’t get that favorable whistle in the tournament” (this was always comical because he averaged more FTAs and less fouls in non B1G play) and proceeds to in fact, still get “that same whistle”. So we are then told the refs protect him.

Then it was, well his game doesn’t translate to the nba becuase he can’t shoot outside of 4 ft. He then proceeds to show, he indeed, can shoot the ball from 3, from catching a pass and shooting it 15 ft.

And now it’s “well anyone can hit shots wide open in a drill…he hasn’t shown he can do it in a game under pressure!”

Haters gonna hate, but we all know this kid is going to keep improving and going to shut them up. Whatever team gets him will get a steal and if they take the time to work with him and develop him, he’s going to be a great decision for their franchise…especially in a “awful draft class”.

I said all along I hope the Bucks draft him. Neither Lopez or Giannis were 3 point shooters before they joined the Bucks. They both learned how to shoot the 3 in the NBA. Giannis was humorous his rookie year when he tried shooting a three. Now he’s pretty good. Lopez is getting old. Edey could be his backup for a couple of years replacing his brother or Giannis’s brother. Unfortunately the bucks don’t have a top 20 pick but they have made a lot of draft day trades in the past. I see it as a great fit. The Bucks have a history of centers that pass the ball. And rebound and play defense .

I said all along I hope the Bucks draft him. Neither Lopez or Giannis were 3 point shooters before they joined the Bucks. They both learned how to shoot the 3 in the NBA. Giannis was humorous his rookie year when he tried shooting a three. Now he’s pretty good. Lopez is getting old. Edey could be his backup for a couple of years replacing his brother or Giannis’s brother. Unfortunately the bucks don’t have a top 20 pick but they have made a lot of draft day trades in the past. I see it as a great fit. The Bucks have a history of centers that pass the ball. And rebound and play defense .

I wouldn't mind seeing Zach Edey there. Also, IMO, Bucks should have never dealt Jrue Holiday.

A great interview with a young big Maple, fresh off his first collegiate game….we all had no idea what the future held (in bball and In life 😂).

Shoutout to Brian and others for the questions.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zach Edey there. Also, IMO, Bucks should have never dealt Jrue Holiday.
Trading for Damian was a stupid move. Holiday was close to his offensive ability and 10 times better defensively and we also threw in a bunch of draft picks! It was almost as stupid as the brewers recent trades.

Reactions: SaratogaBoiler1
Giannis is far from being good at shooting 3’s

Edey’s performance may elevate him into the lottery top 14 picks. He’s proving all the critics wrong.

Giannis is far from being good at shooting 3’s
You should have seen him in his rookie year. I didn’t say he was good. But he has tremendously improved his shot. I said before the NBA he never really shot a 3 point shot and now look at him. Both he and Lopez learned how to shoot the 3 playing for the Bucks.

Edey’s performance may elevate him into the lottery top 14 picks. He’s proving all the critics wrong.

Might be, but so far few current - post NBA workout, drafts have him there yet....even though if you read some owners have gained that kind of interest in him. But still other players he would have to jump are more covered by those same owners, at least so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT