ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, ESPN

Just talking about how Purdue plays tough defense and has size and would be an interesting match-up for Purdue, but ultimately that Purdue doesn't have the offense to keep up.

I agree about not looking ahead. I have followed Purdue B-Ball since mid 80's. During the 92-93 season Glenn Robinson's 1st year. Purdue was young and struggled at times. Got lost watching Glenn play in games rather then melding as a team which they did the next year. They got in as a 9 seed playing an 8 seeded Rhode Island team. Rhode Island won and the players later admitted they over looked Rhode Island looking forward to playing #1 seed North Carolina.

So the focus should be on CINCY. I am sure Cincy fans worried about the same thing being the 8 seed.

Originally posted by jadeezra:
What did they say I missed it?
How we are a tough team to match up with because of our two bigs. They all commented on AJ and Haas being good. How coach has really turned it around and has done it with defense and buy-in from the players. Talked about how tough Ray is and leadership stuff. Bilas said Purdue is a really good team and should get by Cincy and then will give Kentucky some problems underneath. He did say defensively we may be able to stay with Kentucky but he said we just wouldn't be able to score enough points.

I like the good comments but I am worried about Cincy. They actually are tough similar to us. A real low scoring game may help them more than us.

Originally posted by lbodel:
Just talking about how Purdue plays tough defense and has size and would be an interesting match-up for Purdue, but ultimately that Purdue doesn't have the offense to keep up.
ESPN is trying the ol' reverse jinx.

Focus on Cincy, guys. One game at a time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT