ADVERTISEMENT

Worth a read - hammer & rails

Why post this stuff if your only purpose is to cut him down? Is that how you get your jollies?
Also known as Idiots and Morons.
I'm confused .... who's talking to whom?

I especially like this:
"Together this group forms one of the most cohesive starting fives in America. We have three shooters shooting better than 40% from three, a slashing guard that can also shoot (37% from three for Carsen), and a 7’2” 300 pound center that cannot be defended one on one. How do you stop this group offensively? Oh, and they can defend like demons too."

A catch name for the starters this year?

The "Haastile Pentagoneers" sounds just as great!

Your intentions were good. I get tired of the travis bashing. most of us were not on this board during the hope years. Why must certain people keep bashing him? OH because 5-8 years ago he said something I didn't like.
Thanks, I still liked the article.

I wish the Boiled Sports guys ran the SBnation Purdue site. They actually provide good analysis, have interesting takes, and have a sense of humor about themselves. I normally wouldn't criticize a free blog, but Hammerandrails regularly get press credentials.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Your intentions were good. I get tired of the travis bashing. most of us were not on this board during the hope years. Why must certain people keep bashing him? OH because 5-8 years ago he said something I didn't like.

I have an idea. Leave here and join that cesspool. You won’t be missed

Reactions: BoiledSteel
I enjoy Hammer and Rails - for what it is - a glorified blog. I don’t always agree with Travis and the other writers but I do like his commitment and enthusiasm. They are not journalists by any stretch of the imagination but are part time bloggers that have a pretty loose format similar to others in the SB network. And I don’t think I am being too easy on Travis as I generally feel he is just as solid as some of the G&B writers, in particular Brian N. Who drives me bonkers. Sometimes we gotta have some fun with or boilers, they are just students and H&R seems to be more lighthearted.

Reactions: samcboiler
I enjoy Hammer and Rails - for what it is - a glorified blog. I don’t always agree with Travis and the other writers but I do like his commitment and enthusiasm. They are not journalists by any stretch of the imagination but are part time bloggers that have a pretty loose format similar to others in the SB network. And I don’t think I am being too easy on Travis as I generally feel he is just as solid as some of the G&B writers, in particular Brian N. Who drives me bonkers. Sometimes we gotta have some fun with or boilers, they are just students and H&R seems to be more lighthearted.
Brian is a journalist. Integrity is important, which is what that site sorely lacks.

H&R blows. It's unfortunate that the new Purdue football coaches don't know any better and retweet their articles or tweets like they are legitimate. SID needs to cut that out.

What were most of you doing? I'm guessing that by a huge margin most of us were on the board during the Hope years. As to journalists, putting down Brian is just crap. The guy spends hours and hours assembling the news about Purdue along with Stacy and Kyle. As to Hammer and Rails, if you want to read their shit then do it, the site isn't hard to find, and stop bringing their bullshit to GBI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT