ADVERTISEMENT

Worship

Well,if Worship sits the year out,we can count on Horvath staying in the backfield.

I was going to pose the same ? and I do believe he does. I'm still surprised that his one knee didn'y have more damage after that cheap shot he took in the psu debacle.
He already redshirted in 2015

can he possibly get a medical RS?

You only get one redshirt. The medical redshirt rule applies if you havent used your 1 redshirt year yet.

If you meant the 6th year eligibility waiver, no, he doesnt have a good case at this time.

You only get one redshirt. The medical redshirt rule applies if you havent used your 1 redshirt year yet.

If you meant the 6th year eligibility waiver, no, he doesnt have a good case at this time.
thanx, reminds me of that situation we had w/ that really good receiver from Texas that didn't get a 6th year.

Keith Smith? He didn’t have a good case.

IIRC, his redshirt year was spend either at home or getting his academics in order and not with the team. Then he came back, had the ACL tear and missed like 9 games in what would have been his RS SR year.

IIRC, his redshirt year was spend either at home or getting his academics in order and not with the team. Then he came back, had the ACL tear and missed like 9 games in what would have been his RS SR year.
Yeah, IIRC, he left in the spring semester after his freshman season because of an issue at home. This caused him to get behind academically and he had to redshirt in the fall because he didnt have enough credits to retain his eligibility. He then came back and played WR his soph, jr and senior year. His case hinged on whether or not the NCAA deemed that redshirt season to be caused by a reason beyond his control. They ruled it wasnt.

Better case now than a few years ago. NCAA appears to have softened a bit on this stuff.

My bet is worship comes back late this season and then next season he has a good year.. and that’s all.

With Worship probably being weeks away, from what Brohm said today, I did not like to see that Jones hurt his wrist today. Hopefully, it is not serious, and it will only keep him out for a couple of days. We really need him and Knox to be very productive this year.

With Worship probably being weeks away, from what Brohm said today, I did not like to see that Jones hurt his wrist today. Hopefully, it is not serious, and it will only keep him out for a couple of days. We really need him and Knox to be very productive this year.
If it’s left wrist, not as big of an issue as long as it isn’t broken. Tape and holding the ball in the opposite hand and not stiff arming will shield the hand a lot. Again, this is a position that the staff proved can be productive with a number of guys. Purdue really has three guys that would be the likely #1 (Knox, Fuller, Jones) at most conference programs outside of 2-3 programs.

Don’t forget there are a few freshman who can provide depth along with a few WR’s who could play some TB in spot moments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT