ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin loses!

Credit Nebraska.....gutty win, especially with their leading scorer having a really off night and trailing big right from the get go. Wins now at home over Purdue, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan State.

Regardless - the Badgers will be a supreme challenge for the Boilers on Sunday in Madison.

Credit Nebraska.....gutty win, especially with their leading scorer having a really off night and trailing big right from the get go. Wins now at home over Purdue, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan State.

Regardless - the Badgers will be a supreme challenge for the Boilers on Sunday in Madison.
Interesting how Hoiberg sat Tominaga for most of the 2nd half. Brought him in for what obviously was a decoy on a key late possession, I think the Mast 3, but other than that he spent a lot of time on the bench. Wilcher was the hero, but Mast made some huge shots too.

Interesting how Hoiberg sat Tominaga for most of the 2nd half. Brought him in for what obviously was a decoy on a key late possession, I think the Mast 3, but other than that he spent a lot of time on the bench. Wilcher was the hero, but Mast made some huge shots too.
Yes, when one shot can win you are going to defend Tominaga no matter how well he was shooting previously. That for sure helps space the court. I just caught the last few in regulation and need to see the whole game, but they certainly helped Purdue.

I'd throw Williams in there too with Wilcher and Mast in 39 minutes, including some key FT's as well.

Also, if Nebraska had that consistent play/toughness on the road too, they'd be dangerous with Gary not having had such a serious injury as originally feared. Hoiberg's done a pretty good job so far trying to turn the corner with that program, IMO.

Reactions: tjreese
Tominaga is a huge liability on defense. If he's not en fuego he isn't worth playing. He's as bad on defense, or worse even, than some of you folks here think Loyer is.

I too turned to other games at half time. Turned back to it later and it was in OT! I couldn't believe it.

I like Hoiberg. He has done a nice job for Neb. I like his demeanor and keeps his cool. Though he did say he really got into the team at halftime. Said it was the toughest he's ever been with them. Must have been a good one!

Thought the game was over and drifted off in my chair. Woke up and was told NE came back and won you missed it.

Thought the game was over and drifted off in my chair. Woke up and was told NE came back and won you missed it.
I turned the game off at half, Toyota didn't do a thing, rejoined it w/ 5 or 6 ,min left in regulation and they were down 6 so I watched the rest. Good result

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT