ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin Band - Illegal noise?

POTFHBTFU

Sophomore
Jul 25, 2021
Can’t find the language but I thought bands could not play with less than 15 seconds on play clock. When we were at the goal line their band kept blaring and holding a note as loud as they could until right before we took the snap, obviously trying to make it difficult to get plays called in and for AO to communicate to team. He had to walk up to each player and practically yell in their ear. I hadn’t seen this before, if legal seems very unsportsmanlike.

Can’t find the language but I thought bands could not play with less than 15 seconds on play clock. When we were at the goal line their band kept blaring and holding a note as loud as they could until right before we took the snap, obviously trying to make it difficult to get plays called in and for AO to communicate to team. He had to walk up to each player and practically yell in their ear. I hadn’t seen this before, if legal seems very unsportsmanlike.
I am not sure if it is legal or not, but sportsmanship is a thing of the past.

That is why we see so many late hits, shots to the head, etc. I have seen 12-year-old kids tell officials to F themselves, kids trying to hurt other kids intentionally in a game, overhearing some coaches to have players intentionally hit someone hard to try to hurt them, and all sorts of stuff like that.

You see it in daily lives of people not being considerate to fellow neighbors, drivers, etc. My biggest pet peeve is how some drivers have made it commonplace to run red lights all the time, even though the light changed seconds ago. I am not sure there is not more accidents due to this.

It is the world we live in. We live in a "I" or "Me" society.

Off my soapbox now.

You're also talking about the Wisconsin band, which has the worst reputation among bands in the B1G. Many other schools within the conference won't let the band travel there, and in fact the band was put on probation and not even permitted to perform at Wisconsin home games a few years ago.

The band may have cleaned up its act, but one of the last time it came to Purdue, some members were caught stealing artifacts from the band room in Elliot.

Last edited:
Would not ever travel/attend any thing to do with the OSU band ever again!

You're also talking about the Wisconsin band, which has the worst reputation among bands in the B1G. Many other schools within the conference won't let the band travel there, and in fact the band was put on probation and not even permitted to perform at Wisconsin home games a few years ago.

The band may have cleaned up its act, but one of the last time it came to Purdue, some members were caught stealing artifacts from the band room in Elliot.
When did that take place? We had a good trip there my senior year in the Marching Band (1981).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT