ADVERTISEMENT

Williams should start.

with Tre's history of slow starts and early fouls, we might still play from behind, plus be at a disadvantage later in the game. I think the current system is just great.
This.

Coming in against a tired starter (who has had Zach leaning on him) or a fresh backup seems to be a jumpstart for him offensively, and less chance for picking up defensive fouls early.

This.

Coming in against a tired starter (who has had Zach leaning on him) or a fresh backup seems to be a jumpstart for him offensively, and less chance for picking up defensive fouls early.
I don't get why some are trying to fix something that isn't broken. It would be different if we didn't have another star playing in Edey, but we don't have that problem.

He should definitely finish.... who cares about starting

I might agree, but our starters really dug us in a hole last game and we cannot continue to have starts like that. Williams should at least be given a chance to start, to see if he can get it going early, staying out of foul trouble of course. He hasn't been given that shot yet.

Mmmm. Either way.
For us to be what we can be, going to need to re-discover Zack. That might mean continuing to try to get him going earlier. Defense is forced to play him and Tre gets to feast on back ups frequently.
6 of 1

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I might agree, but our starters really dug us in a hole last game and we cannot continue to have starts like that. Williams should at least be given a chance to start, to see if he can get it going early, staying out of foul trouble of course. He hasn't been given that shot yet.
Painter and his staff watch the practices. No one on this board sees what he sees.

I don't think so. I leave those decisions to the coaching staff. Can you think of an example where I did?

Just a fact Jack. :cool:
Easy to say now that "they had it right"...

That said, Edey was much better off the bench today.

My guess is that whoever comes in fresh and after the opposing defender has been worn down or picked up fouls, is going to be better.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT