ADVERTISEMENT

Will the current state of "NIL" now extend past college?

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Note the quotations on NIL. I've heard rumblings that an ND football player need never worry about a job after they play there; will that now be an open offer in recruiting? Not just to say "Hey, we're going to run these ads with you for two years after you graduate for additional income" but to actually offer positions within the Universities or donors companies for 5-10 year contracts with guaranteed income?

I can see a Bama fan offering a job to a slightly less coveted recruit just for the bragging rights of saying they have a former player on their staff. Or maybe to remind them on a daily basis of how they lost the game against Georgia (Imagine "HOW could you have missed that chip-shot kick!" every day when you come in for work. Which I guess wouldn't be bad if you're making six figures.)

Note the quotations on NIL. I've heard rumblings that an ND football player need never worry about a job after they play there; will that now be an open offer in recruiting? Not just to say "Hey, we're going to run these ads with you for two years after you graduate for additional income" but to actually offer positions within the Universities or donors companies for 5-10 year contracts with guaranteed income?

I can see a Bama fan offering a job to a slightly less coveted recruit just for the bragging rights of saying they have a former player on their staff. Or maybe to remind them on a daily basis of how they lost the game against Georgia (Imagine "HOW could you have missed that chip-shot kick!" every day when you come in for work. Which I guess wouldn't be bad if you're making six figures.)
They've been doing that to a certain extent.

At Purdue, Painter gets contracts for former players to do appearances and promotions after their eligibility is exhausted.

I'm more interested in if NIL will extend to the HS players. After their senior season and they're finished playing, will they be eligible for NIL even before reporting to campus?

Will they say "If you sign with us, you'll get immediate NIL contracts even before you graduate HS"

Now THAT would make things.... Interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT