ADVERTISEMENT

Why the clock issue(s)?

Are you sure about that with electronics supply issues being what they have been the past couple of years? especially before the season started? (and they probably don't want to switch mid-season)
Fair point I guess, but, hard to believe that apparently every other school in the conference either had one or got one...and, switching mid-season is irrelevant...it is a shot clock...one that functions as the others does would not be an issue for anyone.

Again...more is probably being made of it than necessary, but, at the same time, just hard to believe that Purdue did not have such a clock...and, in turn, used what they are (as it is new this season as well...so they went with it opposed to one like everyone else has).

... and the screw-up was by the officials, misreading the clock.

It was clear, the players knew what was going on.
I don't think that was it...they have all worked multiple games in Mackey already.

The reason it became an issue was Szelc stopping play after the air ball to see if it hit the rim or not...it was not his call per se, and, it could have been reviewed AFTER it had expired (literally in 7/10ths of a second)...he stopped it unnecessarily, and, when he did, THAT was when the whole discussion about how the clock operates came up.

I think everybody knew what was going on...that was not the issue...but, it does not change that it is dumb to see the shot clock go from 5 to 49.

I don't think that was it...they have all worked multiple games in Mackey already.

The reason it became an issue was Szelc stopping play after the air ball to see if it hit the rim or not...it was not his call per se, and, it could have been reviewed AFTER it had expired (literally in 7/10ths of a second)...he stopped it unnecessarily, and, when he did, THAT was when the whole discussion about how the clock operates came up.

I think everybody knew what was going on...that was not the issue...but, it does not change that it is dumb to see the shot clock go from 5 to 49.

Not sure if you listened to the TV commentary, they were discussing the shot clock at that time.

To your point, this "new" controversy over the shot clock is more than just a little silly. Did we go to a new shot clock?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT