ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit 7?

Hunter Johnson
Does anyone know if Johnson is scheduled to visit? Or, since he’s originally from Brownsburg, maybe an OV is not really necessary. But I don’t know if he’s seen the new facilities.

Also, can someone tell why Cam Craig doesn’t have any ratings at all. Sorry, I’m kind of new to this recruiting game. But this actually getting exciting now.

Does anyone know if Johnson is scheduled to visit? Or, since he’s originally from Brownsburg, maybe an OV is not really necessary. But I don’t know if he’s seen the new facilities.

Also, can someone tell why Cam Craig doesn’t have any ratings at all. Sorry, I’m kind of new to this recruiting game. But this actually getting exciting now.
Hunter Johnson was on campus last week as his first visit. Still not know what all the visit entailed.

Who knows. My guess is that he didn’t hit the camp circuit, so various sites don’t have an evaluation of him. He’s got offers from basically the entire MAC and Cincinnati. The coaches must have liked what he did at Purdue’s camp. IMHO, he’ll turn out to be a steal.

a zero rating usually reflects a player who plays at a smaller school and has not attended any national camps that scouts have attended. There are many players who are not rated.

Cam was a camp atendee who showed well during camp. Likely coaches have been in contact with Cam and he was an invited camper who showed well enough to warrant an immediate offer and when accepted...the coaches obviously like him enough to take him before other offers play out.

Watched his junior film:

Craig is a big bodied junior who projects as an OL and not a DL, imo. Has the frame to put on more good weight and likely plays at or above 300 pounds without much loss in movement and ability.

Personally I think he projects as more of a right tackle than he does as a left tackle. Shoes good ability when pulling in the run game as a lead blocker but not enough quickness in his opening chops back in the pass game to be a back side tackle. Right now looks much more polished as a run blocker than as a pass blocker but likely improves that much more with a red shirt year.

Overall: I’d place Cam Crieg as a mid level 3 star player...likely in the top 100 of his position in the country when his rating is complete. The offers from both Cinncy and Purdue likely are enough to get him 3 stars.

Cam was a camp atendee who showed well during camp. Likely coaches have been in contact with Cam and he was an invited camper who showed well enough to warrant an immediate offer and when accepted...the coaches obviously like him enough to take him before other offers play out.

Watched his junior film:

Craig is a big bodied junior who projects as an OL and not a DL, imo. Has the frame to put on more good weight and likely plays at or above 300 pounds without much loss in movement and ability.

Personally I think he projects as more of a right tackle than he does as a left tackle. Shoes good ability when pulling in the run game as a lead blocker but not enough quickness in his opening chops back in the pass game to be a back side tackle. Right now looks much more polished as a run blocker than as a pass blocker but likely improves that much more with a red shirt year.

Overall: I’d place Cam Crieg as a mid level 3 star player...likely in the top 100 of his position in the country when his rating is complete. The offers from both Cinncy and Purdue likely are enough to get him 3 stars.

I agree about him as a right tackle or guard once he gets to college.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler

Hunter Johnson visited Purdue (unofficially) at different times before he committed to Clempson. He knows the drill. Especially now.

The question is, will he come in knowing he'll have a lot of competition, or will he go someplace without QB competition, QB tradition, and without a history of developing QBs, like, say, Northwestern? (that was a dig at the NW trolls infesting the forum)

He'll sure have a lot of WR targets at Purdue. . . (another shot at the NW trolls infesting the forum)

....Holtz would be in heaven
lou10.jpg

Check your math!
Star rating > ability of Brohm’s staff to evaluate talent + seeing the kid up close at camp + immediate offer

These are juniors. How can they accurately rate them? Senior year is when they should excel. How often do the ratings of the players change?

I think Hunter, but with JJ Weaver visiting on the 8th, I could just about switch my prediction to JJ Weaver. I am torn.

Does anyone know which recruit Brian spoke of on today’s G&B Radio in which he said he “already has the story written for when he commits”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT