ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be commit #14?

What is more meaningful is where we stand within our conference. Yesterday ranked nationally at 32 we were still only ranked 10th in the big ten.

What is more meaningful is where we stand within our conference. Yesterday ranked nationally at 32 we were still only ranked 10th in the big ten.

The quality of this weekends commitments suggests strongly that what you fear is very unlikely.

Right now the conference rankings are related to the number of commitments. Yesterday Minnesota was at 16, NW was at 13, and Purdue at 10 or 11 (don't now when you saw that). That is the reason they were ranked higher at that time.

Right now the conference rankings are related to the number of commitments. Yesterday Minnesota was at 16, NW was at 13, and Purdue at 10 or 11 (don't now when you saw that). That is the reason they were ranked higher at that time.

isn't that what I said ? I said yesterday we were ranked 32nd nationally, but still only 10th best within the BIG 10.

Today, as I type Purdue is ranked 27th, but still only 8th best in the BIG 10.

To me, to be successful in the BIG 10, the more meaningful recruiting number is how you rank within your own conference rather than nationally. Many SEC teams had great national recruiting rankings, but their in conference ratings were low and led to a poor conference record.

in looking at average player ratings, and not at the quantity of recruits, Purdue is ranked 12th within the BIG 10.

it all depends on the spin/slant and stats you want to use.

isn't that what I said ? I said yesterday we were ranked 32nd nationally, but still only 10th best within the BIG 10.

Today, as I type Purdue is ranked 27th, but still only 8th best in the BIG 10.

To me, to be successful in the BIG 10, the more meaningful recruiting number is how you rank within your own conference rather than nationally. Many SEC teams had great national recruiting rankings, but their in conference ratings were low and led to a poor conference record.

Brohm can scheme the offense to what he wants, once he has speed. Once he begins getting his players, the results will be better which will help with brining in more top players. To expect them to be top five in the conference is probably unrealistic at this point.

The staff is focused on speed and length, which they are doing a great job of adding to the roster. It's still going to take a couple more seasons to get their recruits into the weight program and where they want them to be.

Justin Lovett is a key person in the organization and hope they can keep him long term. It's crazy how the team is really developing from a strength standpoint.

Wandale Robinson just offered by Alabama. It will be great to get him, but I am sure that an Alabama offer is going to make it a little harder.

If that has us at 12th, I am fine with that. Brohm and his staff are getting recruits that work in their system and want to be Boilermakers.
Tend to agree. If we are 10th in the conference but 27th nationally, and the best in the West division is 20th nationally, then we’ll have the talent and the coaching to compete for a spot in the BTCG. The truth is there is very little separating 4-10 in the conference.

I was just pointing out you can use the exact same stats/data and draw several different conclusions.

One conclusion I forgot to mention, if we are in the top 25 nationally, but only the 12th best in the BIG 10, then the BIG 10 is going to be mighty tough and romp over the rest of the NCAA for the next 2+ years, and our non-conference games are going to be the easy victories.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I was just pointing out you can use the exact same stats/data and draw several different conclusions.

One conclusion I forgot to mention, if we are in the top 25 nationally, but only the 12th best in the BIG 10, then the BIG 10 is going to be mighty tough and romp over the rest of the NCAA for the next 2+ years, and our non-conference games are going to be the easy victories.

Let's play a game... Which group would you have?

Group A

Player A -- 3-star, 5.7 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, Rutgers, Tennessee, Virginia, and G5s
Player B -- 3-star, 5.5 RR, no P5 offers (Campbell, Charlotte, Colorado State, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, James Madison, Old Dominion, Temple, and Wofford)
Player C -- 3-star, 5.5 RR, offers from NC State, Pitt, VaTech and G5s (Buffalo, Ohio, Penn, Temple, Yale)
Player D -- 2-star, 5.4 RR, MAC offers (Ball State, Bowling Green, CMU, Miami-OH, NIU, Toledo, and WMU)
Player E -- 2-star, 5.4 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, and G5 (Ball State, CMU, ECU, EIU, Eastern Kentucky, EMU, Holy Cross, Illinois State, Kent State, NIU, Toledo, and WIU)

Group B

Player A -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Iowa State, Mizzou, Purdue, West Virginia, and G5s (Ball State, CMU, Kent State, Miami-OH, New Mexico, NIU, Princeton, Toledo, and WKU)
Player B -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from BC, Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, and G5s
Player C -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Arkansas, Duke, Indiana, Iowa State, Michigan State, Mzzou, Nebraska, Stanford, Utah, Vanderbilt, and G5s
Player D -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Mississippi, Purdue, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin and G5s
Player E -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Arkansas, BC, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, Mizzou, OkState, TCU, Virginia, VaTech and G5s

Group A

Player A -- 3-star, 5.7 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Pitt, Rutgers, Tennessee, Virginia, and G5s
Player B -- 3-star, 5.5 RR, no P5 offers (Campbell, Charlotte, Colorado State, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, James Madison, Old Dominion, Temple, and Wofford)
Player C -- 3-star, 5.5 RR, offers from NC State, Pitt, VaTech and G5s (Buffalo, Ohio, Penn, Temple, Yale)
Player D -- 2-star, 5.4 RR, MAC offers (Ball State, Bowling Green, CMU, Miami-OH, NIU, Toledo, and WMU)
Player E -- 2-star, 5.4 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, and G5 (Ball State, CMU, ECU, EIU, Eastern Kentucky, EMU, Holy Cross, Illinois State, Kent State, NIU, Toledo, and WIU)

Group B

Player A -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Iowa State, Mizzou, Purdue, West Virginia, and G5s (Ball State, CMU, Kent State, Miami-OH, New Mexico, NIU, Princeton, Toledo, and WKU)
Player B -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from BC, Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, and G5s
Player C -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Arkansas, Duke, Indiana, Iowa State, Michigan State, Mzzou, Nebraska, Stanford, Utah, Vanderbilt, and G5s
Player D -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Mississippi, Purdue, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin and G5s
Player E -- 3-star, 5.6 RR, offers from Arkansas, BC, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, Mizzou, OkState, TCU, Virginia, VaTech and G5s
Seriously dude - no one (not even NU grads) care about Northwestern sports. Certainly no one here cares.

Group A

Group B

Looks like you spent a lot of time compiling a bunch of nonsense.

Group A

Group B

Congrats you got Hunter. We will be just fine without him.

Why do keep posting on our board? I can tell you that I have never been on NW's site or board or care to be. You are giving IU fans that post on here from time to time a good name.

Congrats you got Hunter. We will be just fine without him.

Why do keep posting on our board? I can tell you that I have never been on NW's site or board or care to be. You are giving IU fans that post on here from time to time a good name.

Popped over because Purdue got a bunch of commits. Saw I got called out by name. Responded with facts. Facts are hard to deal with when they don’t say what you want them to say.

These kids still have their senior year of HS football. I'm sure adjustments will be made to their * ratings.

Group A

Group B

I'll take group C

Player A: 4 star, 5.9 RR, offers from Syracuse, Pitt, Missouri, Notre Dame, and half the Big Ten (including Michigan)

Player B: 4 star, 5.8 RR (5 star and number 12 player in the nation on 247). Offers from Penn state, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and just about every other top program.

Player C: 4 star, 5.8 RR, offers from Syracuse, Pitt, Kentucky, IU (he also drew interest from Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, Michigan State, and Penn State. He would have had offers from some, if not all, of those schools had he switched to defense.)

Player D: 3 star, 5.7 RR, offers from Cincy, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, IU, Kentucky, Minnesota, Tennessee, Virginia

Yes, that's four players ranked higher than group Bs number one.

Player E: 3 star, 5.5 RR, offer from Washing State, Oregon state, Missouri, Cincy, and Ivy League schools.

That doesn't include player F, who had offers from NC State, Virginia Tech, Pitt, and Temple.

I'm not saying Hunter won't be good but did you ever realize why he didn't choose a bigger or better program. He chose NW.... logical thinking will tell you numbers mean nothing. If he was this big 5 star or the best QB recruit coming out would he really be a back up to anyone? This is why numbers aren't always true and that even goes for 5* guys.

I'll take group C

Player A: 4 star, 5.9 RR, offers from Syracuse, Pitt, Missouri, Notre Dame, and half the Big Ten (including Michigan)

Player B: 4 star, 5.8 RR (5 star and number 12 player in the nation on 247). Offers from Penn state, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and just about every other top program.

Player C: 4 star, 5.8 RR, offers from Syracuse, Pitt, Kentucky, IU (he also drew interest from Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, Michigan State, and Penn State. He would have had offers from some, if not all, of those schools had he switched to defense.)

Player D: 3 star, 5.7 RR, offers from Cincy, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, IU, Kentucky, Minnesota, Tennessee, Virginia

Yes, that's four players ranked higher than group Bs number one.

Player E: 3 star, 5.5 RR, offer from Washing State, Oregon state, Missouri, Cincy, and Ivy League schools.

That doesn't include player F, who had offers from NC State, Virginia Tech, Pitt, and Temple.

And who are the guys in Group C? I can cherry pick, too.

“Received interest from” is bullshit, by the way.

I'm not saying Hunter won't be good but did you ever realize why he didn't choose a bigger or better program. He chose NW.... logical thinking will tell you numbers mean nothing. If he was this big 5 star or the best QB recruit coming out would he really be a back up to anyone? This is why numbers aren't always true and that even goes for 5* guys.

Because he had a relationship with the program through his brother and saw a route to playing time. Reasonable NU fans will tell you that our QB recruiting has been lacking since Thorson, which is why landing Johnson is such a big deal for us.

That’s also why I like to look at offer lists and actual tape to evaluate recruits.

Because he had a relationship with the program through his brother and saw a route to playing time. Reasonable NU fans will tell you that our QB recruiting has been lacking since Thorson, which is why landing Johnson is such a big deal for us.

That’s also why I like to look at offer lists and actual tape to evaluate recruits.
He couldn't crack the starting lineup at Clemson and had a choice between a team with the possibility of QB competition and one without. Looks like he didn't want to risk more wasted time. I'm betting he'll wonder why he's not in SC when the balmy Lake Michigan breezes kick up in November.

Too late.

giphy.gif

You already cherry picked when you came up with your first list for comparison you big dummy. No matter how you break it down, Purdue's first 4 commits are all higher rated than Northwestern's first commit. Northwestern has some solid commits, but Purdue has some program changing commits and are still hot on the trail of a few more. Wandale just picked up an offer from Alabama today. It's not like Purdue is battling scrubs for their recruits.

You may not liked "received interest", but that doesn't make it irrelevant. He had visits to some of those programs and they watched him and had contact over camps. They saw his athletic ability, but wanted him on the other side of the ball. Had he been willing to switch, he would have had a lot more offers. Just the facts.

Those would be Purdue’s top 4 commitments in George Karlaftis, Marvin Grant, Mershawn Rice, and Dontay Hunter. Who are all ranked higher than your best commitment. Convenient how you left those guys out when doing your bs scenario. Your best recruit would be our 5th best.

You already cherry picked when you came up with your first list for comparison you big dummy. No matter how you break it down, Purdue's first 4 commits are all higher rated than Northwestern's first commit. Northwestern has some solid commits, but Purdue has some program changing commits and are still hot on the trail of a few more. Wandale just picked up an offer from Alabama today. It's not like Purdue is battling scrubs for their recruits.

You may not liked "received interest", but that doesn't make it irrelevant. He had visits to some of those programs and they watched him and had contact over camps. They saw his athletic ability, but wanted him on the other side of the ball. Had he been willing to switch, he would have had a lot more offers. Just the facts.

Hilarious he chose not to include our 3 4* guys or our 5.7 RR guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT