ADVERTISEMENT

When is enough...enough

hsnyder

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2003
Our once proud women's program has become too mediocre to continue the way it has. A once National Champion program needs a champion caliber coach who can recruit and coach champion players. Will we just muddle as we are and continue to focus on the men's teams?

There is only one championship caliber coach in women's basketball right now and he's not leaving UCONN.

Reactions: DocRon
We have no idea what the AD is thinking, but assuming he is aware of the fans growing angst. We still draw the second highest crowds in the BT. Is he supposed to care about a non-revenue sport? Can he actually get someone better than Coach V? How we play down the stretch could be a factor. No way to tell.

There are a lot of bad teams in women's college basketball. We played many of them this year to make our record look better than the team actually is. I guess we Purdue can continue that strategy for a long time.

Personally, I just get frustrated watching bad basketball. Guess it might have to do with being old enough to remember often hearing "you won't see any dunks in women's basketball, but they play so fundamentally sound it is fun to watch". I have not watched much in the way of fundamentally sound women's basketball recently at Purdue.

That is just true of much of women's BB. Most of the teams in the BT are either similar to Purdue or worse and Purdue can beat a lot of teams in the country because of this. If anyone has thoughts that it will get much better, they have not been watching it for years. But it is a choice. You don't have to watch it. I choose to as a fan of my team and therefore have to put up with the bad play like the atrocious first half of the Rutgers game. It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT