ADVERTISEMENT

What is Painter doing?

Until this season Crean hadn't done anything at IU that Painter hadn't already done at Purdue. When you factor in the amount of 5 star talent Crean has had thanks to the profile of IU, I would imagine Painter would have added another B1G coach of the year to the 3 he already has, not to mention making it past the sweet 16.
But spin however you like. It seems to be working for you.

And if Robbie Hummel didn't tear his ACL Purdue would have won a national championship, right? Hypotheticals prove nothing. Painter had plenty of talent last year and underperformed. He usually has quite a bit of talent, actually. He had 5 4 star kids in 2013-2014 when he ended up last in the B1G. He had 4 4 stars and a 5 star last year. The talent disparity between IU and Purdue isn't as large as you seem to think it is. And even if it was, why should Crean be penalized for that? Recruiting is a part of coaching. If you want to spin it that Painter should be given a handicap for the recruiting disadvantage at Purdue you're welcome to. But in the real world results are the only thing people look at.

We had 1 question mark last yr at PG position...again we have it. IU has questions at almost every postition because they lost a great player who provided them with so much. Only in some irrational IU minds had TB going in the 1st rd this yr and possibly OG being a 1st rounder after 3-4 solid games.

IU has a question mark at PG. That's it. Name another position that isn't set. Also, TB likely would have been a late 1st rounder had he declared for the draft. He's already projected to be a lottery pick to mid 1st rounder for next year. OG has a ton of potential and may be a 1st rounder one day, but I don't think any teams would have drafted him in the 1st round this year based on such a small sample size.

If you can show me one legit draft board that had TB going in the 1st...prove it! JBJ would be the first... proven the team got better after his injury and according to many analysts as well. RJ has never been the go to guy..avg a bucket more then PJ thats a fact look it up and avg more TO's. OG has never been a full time starter but if you want to base 3-4 good games be my guess..considering he avg. Just under 5 a game with a stellar just under 3 rebounds.

Your freshman class was better because you have more voids to fill. We are essentially like last yr but brought in 1 good freshman and 1 good leader at our weakest spot. We started the yr with Isaac starting and did well..Sounds like alot of what ifs for IU.

JBJ also is coming off surgery for the same knee and was never great at penetrating. If you believe his shooting gets better along with his lack luster D...yikes!

And if Robbie Hummel didn't tear his ACL Purdue would have won a national championship, right? Hypotheticals prove nothing. Painter had plenty of talent last year and underperformed. He usually has quite a bit of talent, actually. He had 5 4 star kids in 2013-2014 when he ended up last in the B1G. He had 4 4 stars and a 5 star last year. The talent disparity between IU and Purdue isn't as large as you seem to think it is. And even if it was, why should Crean be penalized for that? Recruiting is a part of coaching. If you want to spin it that Painter should be given a handicap for the recruiting disadvantage at Purdue you're welcome to. But in the real world results are the only thing people look at.
So iu won the B1G and went further than Purdue in the tourney, so you think crean showed he is a good coach. How far expectations have fallen. Just finish better than Purdue, and all is good.

Let me settle this debate once and for all:

Thomas Bryant was projected as a first round pick by most. Espn's chars ford had him sloted anywhere between 12 and 20.

He also had OG slotted anywhere from 14 to 26.

Draftexpress.com has bryant going 7th and OG going 22nd in next years draft.

As far as Crean vs Painter. Both are bad imo. Both under achieve almost year in and year out. I mean why does painter constantly mathup with his opponent? And why does Crean play 2 walk-ons at the same time and have cody zeller, victor oladipo, akd yogi ferrell all on the bench at the same time in the second half of a close big ten game?

As far as who is the better coach: painter is a slightly better despite crean winning the big ten 2 of the last 4 years.

I mean when is the last time Purdue won an ncaa game? Just one?!?!?

Final stat: IU has 5 national championships, Purdue has 0.

Last edited:
NBAdraft.net...wasn't there...Draftexpress not there..the 2 largest mock draft companies and he wasn't there or never was..but 1 mans opinion is what you based it off of? Wtf! IU fans are odd...and to claim a guy that avg 4.9 points plus 2.6 rebounds is going to be a first rounder...thats not hypothetical?

Final stat ? Painter coached then? If past history is so important then look at the Purdue domination over IU in games against each other

That actually has already been mentioned on your board as well and that conclusion was settled by your peers.

NBAdraft.net...wasn't there...Draftexpress not there..the 2 largest mock draft companies and he wasn't there or never was..but 1 mans opinion is what you based it off of? Wtf! IU fans are odd...and to claim a guy that avg 4.9 points plus 2.6 rebounds is going to be a first rounder...thats not hypothetical?

I cant tell if you are joking or not. Bryant and OG are not in the draft so why would they be in any mock drafts??? They are returning to school. What world are you living in?

Before the season ended...same speculation...same outcome. Once again look on your board it was comical.

I cant tell if you are joking or not. Bryant and OG are not in the draft so why would they be in any mock drafts??? They are returning to school. What world are you living in?
So far the only thing you have proven is you really have no idea what you are talking about. Not surprised though, you are a delusional iu fan so it comes with the territory.

Reactions: purdue4sure
So far the only thing you have proven is you really have no idea what you are talking about. Not surprised though, you are a delusional iu fan so it comes with the territory.

Please explain. Espns chad Ford had both Bryant and OG as middle first rounders.

Let me settle this debate once and for all:

Thomas Bryant was projected as a first round pick by most. Espn's chars ford had him sloted anywhere between 12 and 20.

He also had OG slotted anywhere from 14 to 26.

Draftexpress.com has bryant going 7th and OG going 22nd in next years draft.

As far as Crean vs Painter. Both are bad imo. Both under achieve almost year in and year out. I mean why does painter constantly mathup with his opponent? And why does Crean play 2 walk-ons at the same time and have cody zeller, victor oladipo, akd yogi ferrell all on the bench at the same time in the second half of a close big ten game?

As far as who is the better coach: painter is a slightly better despite crean winning the big ten 2 of the last 4 years.

I mean when is the last time Purdue won an ncaa game? Just one?!?!?

Final stat: IU has 5 national championships, Purdue has 0.
Those five banners.....Branch and Bob. No one else...Branch and Bob. And the last one was when?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT