ADVERTISEMENT

What I wish we could play vs IU

Aug 17, 2001
I would like to see a triangle and two. With the two bigs and Edwards playing a tight triangle protecting the basket and Vince covering the ten second lane. R. Davis would take on Blackmon and Octeus would take on Ferrell. This would leave Hartman and Johnson to shoot the three pointers. Though their percentages, they are better option not to go off than Blackmon and Ferrel. This would force Hartman on one of the bigs and Williams on the other. My theory is to keep the bigs out of foul trouble, control the board and get Hartman and Williams in foul trouble. I feel this would give us a chance for Haas or Hammons for one on one capability with whomever is guarding them. One seven footer feeding the other seven footer from the free throw line will make collapsing on the interior big.

I really cannot see our defense keeping IU out of the paint wither we play our standard line-up and both our bigs will be in foul trouble by the eighth minute and we will have to play small and we do not have the athleticism to stay with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.