ADVERTISEMENT

What does this board think about AOC

Bruce1

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2001
attacking the CEO of Wells Fargo:

Accusing him of financing global warming.

Accusing him funding putting kids in cages.

Pls discuss why the only news outlet to cover this topic is Fox.

Pretty bad look for her. She had some good momentum going for herself by being a new emerging thorn in the side of conservatives, but her questions during that interview make her look like a sterotypical liberal whiner.

She along with a couple of other freshmen dem reps might just get Trump re-elected.

I wonder if anyone knows anything about her. about the justice democrats and what they want and how they operate. about how she was selected. about her real past. the difference between how she sounds on and off script.

She’s been too busy hunting for the $3 billion that NY saved in tax incentives by running Amazon out of town. No time to research about this banking stuff.

I find her arrogant with her I know it all attitude plus I don't like her loud, strident approach to complicated issues. I don't know how/why she was elected as I know nothing about the makeup of her district.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone knows anything about her. about the justice democrats and what they want and how they operate. about how she was selected. about her real past. the difference between how she sounds on and off script.

Lol a Manchurian candidate conspiracy theory. I'm sure she worked directly with Representative Omar and the Clinton Foundation in plotting 9/11 and the assassination of Seth Rich, too. Keep digging!

It's fascinating and hilarious how the right is so obsessed with and intimidated by her.

I find her arrogant with her I know it all attitude plus I don't like her loud, strident approach to complicated issues. I don't know how/why she was elected as I know nothing about the makeup of her district.

Hmm, she's still not super polished in her delivery but I find her to be far more prepared at hearings than her colleagues and grandstands far less.

She was elected because she was successful in organizing a grassroots campaign to primary Joe Crowley, who didn't take her seriously. He didn't even show up to one of the debates.

Lol a Manchurian candidate conspiracy theory. I'm sure she worked directly with Representative Omar and the Clinton Foundation in plotting 9/11 and the assassination of Seth Rich, too. Keep digging!

It's fascinating and hilarious how the right is so obsessed with and intimidated by her.
Go look up the justice Democrats. It's in plain sight. Why so defensive?

and oh, she was running the PAC...Justice Democrats, a federal PAC that helped Ocasio-Cortez get elected to Congress last year, quietly filed corporate paperwork removing Ocasio-Cortez as one of the group’s “governors” in Washington, D.C., on Mar. 15, the Daily Caller reported on Monday.

ROFL I have to say it didn't take much digging. Good luck with your phony reps.

and oh, she was running the PAC...Justice Democrats, a federal PAC that helped Ocasio-Cortez get elected to Congress last year, quietly filed corporate paperwork removing Ocasio-Cortez as one of the group’s “governors” in Washington, D.C., on Mar. 15, the Daily Caller reported on Monday.

ROFL I have to say it didn't take much digging. Good luck with your phony reps.

And there it is. The big Daily Caller "scoop" this week.

'Ocasio-Cortez’s congressional office provided The News with an email dated June 30, 2018, in which the congresswoman wrote, “I resign from the Board of Directors of Justice Democrats effective June 30, 2018.” A formal resignation letter with the same date, also obtained by The News, corroborates the same.'

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0190320-w4zck4474fcxxiutfinfundm5y-story.html

So, your big scandal is that this group "chose" someone on their board who lives in a district with a vulnerable incumbent? Someone in whose views they're likely pretty confident align with the group's as a whole? Someone actually taking the group's mission directly into action?

Last edited:
And there it is. The big Daily Caller "scoop" this week.

'Ocasio-Cortez’s congressional office provided The News with an email dated June 30, 2018, in which the congresswoman wrote, “I resign from the Board of Directors of Justice Democrats effective June 30, 2018.” A formal resignation letter with the same date, also obtained by The News, corroborates the same.'

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0190320-w4zck4474fcxxiutfinfundm5y-story.html

So, your big scandal is that this group "chose" someone on their board who lives in a district with a vulnerable incumbent? Someone in whose views they're likely pretty confident align with the group's as a whole? Someone actually taking the group's mission directly into action?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-diverting-campaign-cash-to-his-own-companies
sure ya. that's all it was.

How true! When someone comes out of no where on a national election and is immediately made a media superstar people have questions. How odd is that?

How true! When someone comes out of no where on a national election and is immediately made a media superstar people have questions. How odd is that?

How was this a national election? Have you ever been to her district? I have and she is far more representative of her constituents than Crowley was. Hell Crowley outspent her by like 20X. THERE MUST BE VOTER FRAUD TOO OMG!!

Fox News and the rest of the obsessed right wing media made her a superstar.

How was this a national election? Have you ever been to her district? I have and she is far more representative of her constituents than Crowley was. Hell Crowley outspent her by like 20X. THERE MUST BE VOTER FRAUD TOO OMG!!

Fox News and the rest of the obsessed right wing media made her a superstar.

Well, the last time I checked, the 2018 mid terms for Congress was a National election. Oh, and by the way, the rest of the Media have elevated her to star level with 60 Minutes, etc leading the way. True, Fox is on her case on the negative side so that provides some balance to the love affair with the left. Her district? It was very telling that when questions were raised about where she lived the left wing media reported NOTHING. LOL.

Well, the last time I checked, the 2018 mid terms for Congress was a National election. Oh, and by the way, the rest of the Media have elevated her to star level with 60 Minutes, etc leading the way. True, Fox is on her case on the negative side so that provides some balance to the love affair with the left. Her district? It was very telling that when questions were raised about where she lived the left wing media reported NOTHING. LOL.

So people outside of her district voted for her? To say a Congressional election is a "national" election is just incorrect. The election was very local. I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe re-read the Constitution?

And yeah, all of these hit pieces from Fox News and right wing Twitter questioning what she wears, where she lives, etc..have just been dumb, incorrect, and wouldn't be noteworthy if they were even remotely true. They have, however, made her a significantly more sympathetic character. So, please, keep up with the obsession.

lol she lives in the Bronx, which is clearly in her district. You've been ridiculously misinformed if you think that's not true. Do a better job vetting your information resources.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
So people outside of her district voted for her? To say a Congressional election is a "national" election is just incorrect. The election was very local. I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe re-read the Constitution?

And yeah, all of these hit pieces from Fox News and right wing Twitter questioning what she wears, where she lives, etc..have just been dumb, incorrect, and wouldn't be noteworthy if they were even remotely true. They have, however, made her a significantly more sympathetic character. So, please, keep up with the obsession.

lol she lives in the Bronx, which is clearly in her district. You've been ridiculously misinformed if you think that's not true. Do a better job vetting your information resources.

Crap post. Stop ranting.

1. Election? No comment necessary.

2. I said that Fox was hitting the negatives and I didn’t say I thought they were true anymore than I say that the liberal media is truthful with what they say about Trump. I did say that the other media outlets are treating her as the next superstar. The same liberal outlets talk about what POTUS’ wife wears, etc. I guess you just can’t see it.

3. I never said I believed that she didn’t live in her district. I said that the liberal media reporting Nothing on it.

Severe reading blindness syndrome.

She’s a plant from someone. Haven’t figured out who her handlers are yet

The thing about AOC is that she isn't a serious actor. She isn't behaving in good faith. Her social media presence, countless speaking engagements at teed up events, and cable news interviews are her undoing. She is quite literally an actor being told what to say.

If you like AOC but want an actual statesman at the mic, check out Pete Buttigieg. Him and Andrew Yang are actually giving voice to fresh ideas.

The thing about AOC is that she isn't a serious actor. She isn't behaving in good faith. Her social media presence, countless speaking engagements at teed up events, and cable news interviews are her undoing. She is quite literally an actor being told what to say.

If you like AOC but want an actual statesman at the mic, check out Pete Buttigieg. Him and Andrew Yang are actually giving voice to fresh ideas.
yep. that was one of my points. Look at who she is off script and on script. TOTALLY different person. Willful ignorance to pretend otherwise. She would drown in a debate.

While I admit that we Dems and Libs have had a fair share of "zany" and "outrageous" characters over the years, the current nationalist, populist, reality TV segment of the right must be utterly embarrassing to traditional conservatives, who have a long history of being thoughtful, serious and rational.
Sorry, but today's political world is far from being the better place that I had expected to have developed in our modern society.

She comes to hearings prepared and asks substantive questions. She's young, so she is reasonably deeply concerned about the impact of climate change. The Green New Deal may appear excessive, but I think we need to move away quickly from fossil fuels if we want to have a livable planet in 50-60 years.

She comes to hearings prepared and asks substantive questions. She's young, so she is reasonably deeply concerned about the impact of climate change. The Green New Deal may appear excessive, but I think we need to move away quickly from fossil fuels if we want to have a livable planet in 50-60 years.
I think that the window is a bit larger, but I am in agreement with the sentiment you express.

Please clarify. She is in a hearing with the Wells Fargo CEO that is about illegal transactions done by Wells people and she asks questions about how he feels about providing financing for companies that cage children, emit CO2, etc? That is substantive questions?

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

With respect to fossil fuels the US is supposed to spend whatever is necessary to totally eliminate their use without any plans or idea about what the rest of the world is supposed to do? Namely China and India?

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
With respect to fossil fuels the US is supposed to spend whatever is necessary to totally eliminate their use without any plans or idea about what the rest of the world is supposed to do? Namely China and India?

Who is pushing most to discontinue the use of fossil fuels? The EU. Why? Because they have none. Go figure.

Reactions: Purdue97

Pete is very impressive. He's making a name. See where it goes.

Pete is very impressive. He's making a name. See where it goes.
I watched him on Bill Maher last night. Not sure if anyone else caught it. I'd be hearing my liberal friends sing his praises of late so I thought I'd check him out. He comes across very young/green/inexperienced (he looks like he's 12 which doesn't help). Maher was ripping into him on a few issues and Pete really didn't defend his positions very well. He's certainly not ready to be POTUS. Maybe in 20 years but not now.

I watched him on Bill Maher last night. Not sure if anyone else caught it. I'd be hearing my liberal friends sing his praises of late so I thought I'd check him out. He comes across very young/green/inexperienced (he looks like he's 12 which doesn't help). Maher was ripping into him on a few issues and Pete really didn't defend his positions very well. He's certainly not ready to be POTUS. Maybe in 20 years but not now.
Usually watch Bill but haven't watch this episode. I'll check it out. Thx

Sorry, but you can have Petey. I do business in South Bend and folks there are hoping he goes to Washington. Or Philly. Or London.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT