ADVERTISEMENT

What About Chris Klieman of North Dakota State?

Not so sure Les Miles would see Purdue as a place he wants to be - it's like being fired by GM and being hired by Rambler. Coach Klieman has had amazing success and his talent development (e.g. Carson Wentz) of sub-4 & 5 Star Athletes reminds me of Coach Tiller.
North Dakota State runs a power running offense this year. Do you know what they ran with Wentz?

Not so sure Les Miles would see Purdue as a place he wants to be - it's like being fired by GM and being hired by Rambler. Coach Klieman has had amazing success and his talent development (e.g. Carson Wentz) of sub-4 & 5 Star Athletes reminds me of Coach Tiller.

Has had little to no contributions from his players he recruited at his point. Those players winning for him are from Craig Bohl. If Bohl wasn't ready to get a job better than Wyoming, what makes Klieman better?

Other FCS guys to peek at are Stitt and Mogila. Spread QB focused offenses, program builders, no complaining about what they don't have.

Would be interesting to see what either guy could do in a p5 school.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
I "briefly" considered that - but only briefly. JohnnyDoe was spot on ! - his early success was due to the championship talent that was there from Craig Bohl. The team has slid since his departure.

That's the reason I am still a BIG Craig Bohl fan ! He looks like he has turned around Wyoming in 3 years and has TONS of good experience of digging out of cess pools and getting good kids.

Given that he recruited the kids that won 5 "STRAIGHT" national championships, you would think he would have gotten a better deal than he has, but . . . I can understand he may be tired of North Dakota's winters

Bottom line: I like the teacher, not the student. He would give us 3-5 years and then retire - leaving us with either a really good asst coach to carry on or set us up to go after a big name.

Maybe Drew Brees would like to coach ! ! I sure would be contacting him to see what he plans to do after football. Think about it.
Recruiting ? check
Shotgun Offense ? check
Good contacts who might want to coach after the NFL ? check

Yes, I know he's never been a coach, but come on . . I have NO doubt he could do it - easily !

When you consider that me, you and any randomly selected poster could coach Purdue to 3 wins in 4 seasons, I put my money on Drew anyday!
I don't think it would be a question of Drew being able to be a good leader of young men...it becomes a question of if he can run the program as a whole. That comes from being exposed to it from different angles as a position coach first.

Reactions: Boilerkid18
I don't think it would be a question of Drew being able to be a good leader of young men...it becomes a question of if he can run the program as a whole. That comes from being exposed to it from different angles as a position coach first.
Hire Brock Spack as HC, Drew as AHC, QB coach. transition in 4 yrs.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
Would you tell Brock that or would it be a...ya know...secret? Just wow...
Tell him. It's Drew Brees. Brock can retire as the guy who brought Purdue from the brink, and handed it off to a legend he mentored himself. How many coaches can say that?

Are you bothered that his feelings would get hurt or something?
37740873.jpg

Ok, if it makes you (and Brock) feel better, he can stay on as DC after the transition. For two years, until Drew can get his own guy in place. And we'll erect a statue in his honor at RA. Happy now?
If you don't understand what a non-starter your suggestion is, you're beyond my help.

Wonder how many fans get the Rambler reference?!? (loved it though).

Reactions: Dodson17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT