ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT A STUPID CALL!

Sep 27, 2009
The on side kick attempt in the fourth quarter shows Purdue coach are beyond stupid! Giving Nebraska the ball in 4 down territory shows that theses coaches have no interest in trying to win football games! Kicking it deep, and hoping for a turn over or a 3 down stop would have been the proper play, but of course that evidently never crossed their minds. With this kind of coaching, winning football will be a distant memory!

Reactions: dschbr1
They were down three scores with nine minutes to go. How would you like them to actually try to win the game?

They were down three scores with nine minutes to go. How would you like them to actually try to win the game?
I believe he was talking about the one down 2 scores with 6:30ish to go. Probably should have kicked that one and tried for the 3 and out. Onside kick the next one if you score.

The on side kick attempt in the fourth quarter shows Purdue coach are beyond stupid! Giving Nebraska the ball in 4 down territory shows that theses coaches have no interest in trying to win football games! Kicking it deep, and hoping for a turn over or a 3 down stop would have been the proper play, but of course that evidently never crossed their minds. With this kind of coaching, winning football will be a distant memory!
Bad plays have been called most of the season, by this coaching staff,what's one more...

Reactions: pboiler18
They didn’t even aggressively go after the ball. Very disappointed in the lack of effort on that kick.
Agree. I believe Neb recovered about 3 yards past the mandatory 10. Seems like we could have been closer.

Reactions: SKYDOG
As I recall, they were actually down 2 scores when they tried the on side kick, which has about a 20% success rate! So if are helping the other team 80% of the time, which is great if you are not interested in trying to win!

For Purdue to have any chance to win any more games this year, they need to stop the coaches from accompanying the team to the games. Let the quarterbacks call the offensive plays and the defensive captain the defensive plays and send the coaches to do recruiting!

As I recall, they were actually down 2 scores when they tried the on side kick, which has about a 20% success rate! So if are helping the other team 80% of the time, which is great if you are not interested in trying to win!
Tried it when it was 24-6 as well so that's what I thought you were referring to. Either way, there's a fluke of a chance to come back from either decision so I don't think that's one that we should get rattled about. There's plenty else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT