ADVERTISEMENT

We will never forget ..... the chair!

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
featured.jpg
knightchair.jpg

Read about it ... http://www.referee.com/you-are-there-bobby-knight-throws-a-chair/

I think I remember reading that they still chain the chairs together because of the incident. One of the most infamous moments in CBB history.

I went to a game shortly after this and had seats just behind the bench. When the game was over I thought I would go out on the floor and take a shortcut out. Big mistake, I got tangled up in the chairs because they had run a chain through all of them. LOL

If Bobbie had wanted to, he would have gotten the Jackass he took on his TV show to represent PU fans and used it to haul all the chairs across the court. It is NICE that he has decided our family really is better than the IU family.

Oopps Hoosie48, I did not mean that to be inflammatory toward you. I didn't notice your ID.

And then there's this.

Despite the clip title, the tirade actually happened during a practice prior to the IU/Purdue game @West Lafayette on January 14, 1991. Purdue had swept Indiana the previous season.

Indiana did win that game, 65-62 and completed the sweep in Bloomington a month later.

Reactions: rasrar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT