Apr 18, 2010
In Danny Hopes first year we lost to Wisconsin by 37

In Hazell's first year we lost by

35 to Cincinnati
31 to Wisconsin
31 to freaking northern Illinois
37 to Nebraska
56 to Ohio state

The following season, 2014, Northwestern and Central Michigan combined to beat us by more than 35.

Does anyone think we'd lose to that central Michigan team like that now?

Am I pleased about losing to Rutgers? No. Do I think this staff is less than a professional staff? Also no.

I just don't think we have the horses. We have some... some inconstently good players. But no one that is quite yet a play in play out type of guy that coaches can run a winning program through. Will sindelar be there next year? Very possible. Others on campus now like herdman? Yes. But not yet

Have to wait and see how they develop players and who they get on campus in the fall

When I heard the score, my first reaction was 'this team did not win 9 games the past 4 years for nothing." It was not just the poor coaching abilities of DH2, but recruiting as well. We have big deficiencies in talent and depth and that was evident in yesterday's game. Brohm & Co. have done a lot in squeezing blood out of a turnip but adding more talent and depth the next coming years will have a night and day performance compared to yesterday's.

And you are correct about the margins of loss. Just the last two games, we lost by a score. I doubt if DH1 and DH2 could have ever done that. If we played Louisville at home earlier this season, we may have won that game. Who knows.

I think this will be a good practice week for Purdue. Plus, they are coming home after two weeks on the road.Just want the doctor ordered. I think that Purdue will win its remaining home games.

When looking back in history nobody looks at the point spread! All that matters is the W! I remember a year when Lee Corso guided IU to a 7-4 record! I have no memory of the scores or who they played! One year OSU went undefeated! What stands the test of time is a team's record! For that matter I only remember Tiller winning games! The scores escape me! A loss is still a loss!

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
When looking back in history nobody looks at the point spread! All that matters is the W! I remover a year when Lee Corso guided IU to a 7-4 record! I have no memory of the scores or who they played! One year OSU went undefeated! What stands the test of time is a team's record! For that matter I only remember Tiller winning games! The scores escape me! A loss is still a loss!

Well, that's true in the long run, but for the near future it might make a difference in recruiting...making some kid believe he could have made that 2 pt. difference...tic. And people here at Purdue are still bringing up the Kansas stomping we took last year in basketball..especially when the Painter haters jump on the bandwagon...lol

There are memories and emotions! You can see emotions displayed in game threads. Memories last a lifetime!

When looking back in history nobody looks at the point spread! All that matters is the W! I remember a year when Lee Corso guided IU to a 7-4 record! I have no memory of the scores or who they played! One year OSU went undefeated! What stands the test of time is a team's record! For that matter I only remember Tiller winning games! The scores escape me! A loss is still a loss!

oh we remember

4 losses (in a row) by a combined 10 points.
throw in the bowl game... 5 losses 14 points.

The close lost against Michigan is tainted now as they are just not very good. Louisville is maybe above average. Rutgers is maybe a little below average. 1 of the 4 losses, Wisconsin, was to a legit contender.

Right now our best of the 3 wins looks like Ohio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT