ADVERTISEMENT

We could use him now

nope I like my 2.6 acre compound in Kauai

Why is Hawaii so liberal?
One would think the high % of big money folks there would see the taxing and inflation ways of the Dems as a problem? Maybe they are SO loaded they don't even consider what it is costing them?

Last edited:
One would think the high % of big money folks there would see the taxing and inflation ways of the Dems as a problem?
Hawaii is very social liberal (first to legalize abortion and one of the first to recognize gay marriage) and many of its citizens rely on government jobs and aid. With that being said it's surprisingly one of the best for retirees tax burden. I was shocked it is ranked #2 per the attached article. https://www.fidelity.com/insights/retirement/states-tax-friendly

I was told by an IU grad and high school classmate of my wife (Bloomington North) who owns the best lighting store on island that Kauai now has 31 billionaires who live or own property on island. The most famous is Mark Zuckerberg who has a large compound on the North Shore who has retired Navy Seals protecting his family and property. Kauai has had a huge uptick of folks who recently moved from the mainland for a better quality of life and a place far away from craziness. 2500 miles of ocean is a better deterrent than a border wall.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
One would think the high % of big money folks there would see the taxing and inflation ways of the Dems as a problem? Maybe they are SO loaded they don't even consider what it is costing them?
Taxing high % of big money folks income? Please explain the Dems approach to that. I have seen nothing, absolutely nothing. They talk it but never do it. They are owned by the rich BB, just like the Repubs or didnt you know that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT