ADVERTISEMENT

We are a month away

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
We are a month away (actually a month and a day) from the first game of the season. It is a big one for both team (first game of the year, conference rivals, national audience, etc.). I am going to be there, and I, like the other Boiler faithful, are looking forward to the start of this season and this game.

The early lines have us around a 3 point favorite. We started off strong last year against Louisville in our first game of the year last year, even though we lost, and I think Brohm has us prepared to play again for the first game this year. We have several questions on defense of course, but I think Coach Holt will have them ready. With the experience of our QBs, which I think both will be healthy and play, and our offense will be vastly improved to be able to open up the playbook, I like our chances in the game, even though we are starting out with a strong opponent and conference rival.

With us being at home, I think we pull out a close game. I say we come out with an opening season win, 31-27.

Well, what does everyone think about us in the first game?

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER and npb
We are a month away (actually a month and a day) from the first game of the season. It is a big one for both team (first game of the year, conference rivals, national audience, etc.). I am going to be there, and I, like the other Boiler faithful, are looking forward to the start of this season and this game.

The early lines have us around a 3 point favorite. We started off strong last year against Louisville in our first game of the year last year, even though we lost, and I think Brohm has us prepared to play again for the first game this year. We have several questions on defense of course, but I think Coach Holt will have them ready. With the experience of our QBs, which I think both will be healthy and play, and our offense will be vastly improved to be able to open up the playbook, I like our chances in the game, even though we are starting out with a strong opponent and conference rival.

With us being at home, I think we pull out a close game. I say we come out with an opening season win, 31-27.

Well, what does everyone think about us in the first game?
It all hinges on our ability to stop the run. NW has most its offensive line returning and they have quality RBs. Get ahead at the outset increases are chances to win as NW's offense is not geared to play catch-up. Norm

Reactions: Purdue85
Yes, I can't wait for football season to begin. The first game is usually when you learn about your team. Sometimes I like when Purdue starts off against a smaller school as it serves like a preseason game. I can't wait.

It all hinges on our ability to stop the run. NW has most its offensive line returning and they have quality RBs. Get ahead at the outset increases are chances to win as NW's offense is not geared to play catch-up. Norm
I'm saying that Purdue will be ready to play, and NW will not be. Brohm (and Holt) know exactly where the holes in the defense are, like the Strongside Linebacker. Brohm said he is very optimistic about the depth of the defense. That tells me alot. This game will be won in the first quarter, as Purdue hits them hard, early and often. Purdue 45, NW 14.

I'm saying that Purdue will be ready to play, and NW will not be. Brohm (and Holt) know exactly where the holes in the defense are, like the Strongside Linebacker. Brohm said he is very optimistic about the depth of the defense. That tells me alot. This game will be won in the first quarter, as Purdue hits them hard, early and often. Purdue 45, NW 14.

Good one.

NU lost their best RB and the QB is not likely to play in this game. I think Purdue by 10.
This is close to my interpretation as well. If their main QB is still working his way back and doesn’t play, then Purdue wins by 10. If he plays and does well, then it can be a toss up. NW is respectable, and they too will be ready to play.

Purdue 33
Northwestern 24

Purdue QB’s combine for 415 yards passing while the running game provides just enough to keep NU guessing with 110 yards rushing. The offense will look just different enough from last season to keep NU on their toes and the QB situation doesn’t help at all.

Purdue kicks a FG with under 5 minutes left to stretch the lead and close out the scoring while NU goes 4 and out on their ensuing possession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT