ADVERTISEMENT

WBB starting Lineup 24-25

Mar 10, 2015
With less than two weeks away before the first exhibition game, I thought I'd throw out my starting lineup prediction with some thoughts compared to last years main lineup.

1. A. Reynolds
2. Spider Jones
3. Swanson
4. Bass
5. McCarthy

Overall, I believe this lineup is more athletic and talented than last years starting lineup. Although we lack the experience, I think we may be a better team because of the upgrade in athleticism.

I'm excited to see what Amiyah can bring to the table. No doubt we'll miss Terry's rebounding, but I think Amiyah will bring more of a scoring punch to the PG spot. I also like her length, as long as the quickness is there, she could be a hell of a defender.

I'm expecting a noticeable jump in development from Jones and Swanson.
Bass should be a steady presence for us with all the experience she brings.

Mccarthy has good height and reports are she moves well for her size. I'd guess she would be a upgrade defensively from C.Harper based on those two points above. Hopefully she can communicate call outs as well as Caitlyn did.

Tough schedule, but I'm looking forward to seeing the team play.

Reading the little pre-season tea leaves we've been getting from the overseas trip and practices I'd be shocked if Lombard isn't starting - at least initially. Could also see Harper getting the start simply because she's the most experienced post but quickly getting replaced by McCarthy or Puryear. But I also have Jones/Swanson/Bass in the starting lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT