ADVERTISEMENT

Way early 24-25 opening night lineup…

Looking back, we lost two starters and an important role player when Loyer and Brandon arrived. I guess nobody remembers IT, Newman and Hunter. They all knew their minutes would be lessened. And chose to leave rather than accept a lesser role.

I’m not sure why any of the three left. It was clear why Macy, palombizio and Taylor left. They wanted to be stars and had dreams of playing in the nba.

I look at Gillis and Morton. They put the team ahead of their own game and accepted lesser roles. We know next year to add all of the players signed, someone will have to give up their scholarship. The question we don’t know is will it be the player who is last on our bench? Or will it be somebody who wants to be a star elsewhere like Haarms and Eastern. Because of the way Haarms and Eastern and Stephens left sort of unexpectedly, That leads one to speculate the player that will be leaving is one who wants to be a star elsewhere such as TKR or Berg rather than Wadell.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwenger
Catchings place of play…is it a school or does he do online High School and play hoops at a basketball academy? So confusing these days with these specialty schools, we have a Don Bosco by me, they get good talent, I think they do an online school program.
Definitely not a school not sure about classes

TKR is starting to really play good hoops, only way Furst leaves if for some reason Edey returns which isn’t happening.
Both going to have their time in the sun on a top 20 (10?) team after being in Zach's shadow .
Why would they go elsewhere?
I'll point out for about the 5th time for those transfer happy conspiracists , Calebs brother Josh followed him to Purdue.

$$$$
And besides, who knows why people do what they do... particularly the young.
Sure, certainly possible. As posted above that’s a reason why someone might transfer (hell, it’s a reason anyone may do anything) but there’s nothing that points to Trey or Caleb actually transferring.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Sure, certainly possible. As posted above that’s a reason why someone might transfer (hell, it’s a reason anyone may do anything) but there’s nothing that points to Trey or Caleb actually transferring.
IF either both or one transfers, I think we take a step back, at least at first since we won’t have much experience in the front court.

I, similar to you, don’t see either one transferring…doesn’t make much sense to me with then (what looks to be) getting the most mins there next year.

I think Berg is better than Furst right now. If Furst cant hit 3s better than 25% you might as well give Berg his minutes as he is better around the rim. Berg is pretty quick for a 7 footer.
I don’t think Berg is quite ready yet and better than Furst right now. We saw a glimpse of what Furst brought his Frosh year when he had a put back dunk against Arizona and also rebounded well/defended decently. I don’t think Berg is nearly as explosive, quick or ready to compete against high level competition yet. He may get there, but he’s a step behind in regards to game speed when the competition is against good teams.

Agree with most of that. I will be surprised if Catching doesn't start day 1. Did not know if he would be a 2,3 or 4?

Didn't know if Colvin will ever figure out D or not?

Harris who reportedly seems to like D might be the guy?? Didn't consider Benter as the last report you gave had him being Mr. TO. Maybe that was a blip?

As far as Furst he is a nice role player, and great rebounder, but I think difference makers are coming to supplant him.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if some of our guys transfer? After all, once we win a championship, 😎 there might be a high NIL transfer demand from the poaching class out there.
THIS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT