ADVERTISEMENT

Was Sindelar eligible to play this year ...

Nov 19, 2017
(I think he was)? if so, he could have played this year and next -- and possibly have started in six straight season openers, right? Amazing to think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chauncey Hill
I think in an interview, he said that the concussion last year kind of woke him up. He's a smart guy, an engineer and I think he's thinking big picture of life, wanted to make sure he had a healthy brain for the long run and opted out. I think he is working as an engineer at an automotive plant in central Indiana ... I can't remember the company as I think it's been acquired a couple times over the years.

Reactions: Chauncey Hill
I think in an interview, he said that the concussion last year kind of woke him up. He's a smart guy, an engineer and I think he's thinking big picture of life, wanted to make sure he had a healthy brain for the long run and opted out. I think he is working as an engineer at an automotive plant in central Indiana ... I can't remember the company as I think it's been acquired a couple times over the years.
Fiat Chrysler Transmission Plant in Tipton

I agree with his decision as well, but fun to think that he could have played that many seasons. Maybe earn a doctorate by then.
It would have been 5 straight season openers

2020 (potential)
2021 (potential.

still amazing.

Yeah, what a great guy! He was eligible. I chatted with him between the end of the season and before the Arizona game in 2017. I posted the conversation more than a year ago during our summer 'dry time'. If anyone is interested, I would post it again. Quality, quality young man! (I think that I can find it on my computer).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT