ADVERTISEMENT

Vince at the 4 + Swanigan on D

BoilerDeac

All-American
Oct 21, 2014
New York, NY
Swanigan struggled to defend Carter off of the pick and role.

Painter replaced VE with Buggie in the 2nd half, and Biggie misses a three, and Carter drains a 3, and Purdue never got the lead back.

I get that guys need a rest, but Painter puts Swanigan in the same position he he was failing in. That's crazy to me.

Play RD at the 4. Don't play the guy who was getting abused. Anything but that.
Biggie is a freshman and is going to make some mistakes we have to live with. Stone made a lot of mistakes on their end. Biggie will get better and needs to play. He's leading the B1G in rebounding, he's not going to sit.

Biggie is a freshman and is going to make some mistakes we have to live with. Stone made a lot of mistakes on their end. Biggie will get better and needs to play. He's leading the B1G in rebounding, he's not going to sit.

I pretty much agree here, but Painter has to shut off the green light from 3, and somehow impress upon him that you cannot be slow for even a split second to recognize and move on defense. I want him in the game, but his learning of this level needs to accelerate.

Reactions: PU pit bull
I'd honestly rather see Jacquil than Swanigan. At least he would move his feet and make an honest attempt to play defense.

Stop it. Swanigan is definitely frustrating at times, but he gives us alot too. Taylor has never played a single second of meaningful college basketball, and he should be playing over the leading rebounder in the effing Big Ten conference? Are you serious?

Reactions: *4purdue*
Stop it. Swanigan is definitely frustrating at times, but he gives us alot too. Taylor has never played a single second of meaningful college basketball, and he should be playing over the leading rebounder in the effing Big Ten conference? Are you serious?
You are correct...........but man I have a feeling someday this athletic big will be making some plays for PU. Hope I'm right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT