ADVERTISEMENT

Video: Alexander, Mitchell, Diaco after Sunday practice

Why in the world is that dude wearing a mask for an online interview??...

Computer viruses are real. :cool:

I'm not picking on the guy, but it illustrates where we are with masks in our society.

Wisconsin DNR Secretary Cole requires all employees wear masks for all meetings, even if you're virtual. This was from The Hill (August 11, 2020):

“Also, wear your mask, even if you are home, to participate in a virtual meeting that involves being seen — such as on Zoom or another video-conferencing platform — by non-DNR staff,” Cole reportedly wrote. “Set the safety example which shows you as a DNR public service employee care about the safety and health of others.”

It's all about the appearance, not the science.

Back to the interview...

So far, I like Diaco. It's clear his patience isn't suited to interviews like that. I thought he did a reasonably good job maintaining his patience, but it was clear (to me) that isn't his strong suit!

I have to admit, even I get impatient with interview questions (from many sports journalists, not just on these recordings). "How will you feel..." How does it feel to..." etc. There are just too many questions that seem poor, or weak, or not well thought-out. (Okay, some are just dumb.)

With that said, I thought the question about the secondary (from the masked man) was actually somewhat interesting, was researched (he referenced comments from much earlier this year) and got Diaco to talk a bit.

Why in the world is that dude wearing a mask for an online interview??...
He looks like he could be a student, and masks are required in campus buildings. He could be in journalism offices or something where it would still be required even if you're by yourself. It does look a bit silly though and I'm sure he could have taken it off for the few seconds he was speaking.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT