ADVERTISEMENT

VB this Wednesday at IU

Jan 3, 2018
Southern Indiana
Just saw a TwitterX post from IU VB that they have sold out their general public allotment for this match. Also says student and staff tix available “at the door” - I kinda hope the gen pub sellout is from Purdue fans grabbing a good portion of them.
This will be a tough test for the Boilers, as Coach Shondell has said multiple times in interviews and press conferences. I’m fairly confident Purdue will win but that it may likely go 5 sets.
Probably important to take the first set to set the tone. Go Boilers!

Reactions: DocRon
Just saw a TwitterX post from IU VB that they have sold out their general public allotment for this match. Also says student and staff tix available “at the door” - I kinda hope the gen pub sellout is from Purdue fans grabbing a good portion of them.
This will be a tough test for the Boilers, as Coach Shondell has said multiple times in interviews and press conferences. I’m fairly confident Purdue will win but that it may likely go 5 sets.
I think it was a sell-out last year too.

IU has some really good servers, that lefty is ridiculous. Going to be a tough one to win.

IU has some really good servers, that lefty is ridiculous. Going to be a tough one to win.
Purdue looked “ordinary” tonight … and a bit lacking in energy. I missed the first 2 sets, so basing my comments on Sets 3 & 4. An 11-year run and 21 straight wins over IU is pretty amazing.
This Hoosier team is the real deal - prolly a tourney team, no question.
Coach Dave said in the post-match radio comments that Purdue needs to lock in and play together, implying that they did not do that this evening. I really thought they’d win this, but gotta give IU credit. They clearly came to play.
Need a good bounce back effort vs OSU on Sunday. Young team, still learning

Reactions: Boilermb
There was some talk about tickets for tonight’s match at Indiana, in the situation room prior to the Iowa game last Saturday. Shondell mentioned then that the game was a sellout, and one Purdue fan said she’d tried to get tickets but they were going for $87.

• Wow
Reactions: JeffBoiler
Purdue looked “ordinary” tonight … and a bit lacking in energy. I missed the first 2 sets, so basing my comments on Sets 3 & 4. An 11-year run and 21 straight wins over IU is pretty amazing.
This Hoosier team is the real deal - prolly a tourney team, no question.
Coach Dave said in the post-match radio comments that Purdue needs to lock in and play together, implying that they did not do that this evening. I really thought they’d win this, but gotta give IU credit. They clearly came to play.
Need a good bounce back effort vs OSU on Sunday. Young team, still learning
Colvin was terrific early on, else we might have lost 3-0. 7 kills and 4 blocks in the first 2 sets.
11 service errors versus 3 service aces as a team, did not help us.

Last edited:
I watched the entire match, IU was the much better team, they played really well, Purdue played like an middle of the pack Big Ten team, probably 12-8/11-9 season, second round NCAA team. Team could have benefited from another experienced hitter, Myers might be good next year, this year she’s showing her inexperience, she touched the net at least 3 times yesterday, not quite ready.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT