ADVERTISEMENT

VaTech loses to PSU

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
shocked. I was thoroughly impress with VT in Charleston and was already putting them in my bracket to make a deep run in March.
Wow, really surprised.

Reactions: pboiler18
shocked. I was thoroughly impress with VT in Charleston and was already putting them in my bracket to make a deep run in March.
Wow, really surprised.
every day is a new battle. They know Purdue and had Purdue film playing them. Could have been a short conversation (I don't know?) between big coaches (Purdue /PSU) on VT. It was at PSU...and not championship game. I only got to see parts of the game and don't have visual understandings of the game. Still...great win for PSU. I did see some frail guard for PSU with a very low shooting pocket hit a couple of 3 balls...and "travel" towards teh end

every day is a new battle. They know Purdue and had Purdue film playing them. Could have been a short conversation (I don't know?) between big coaches (Purdue /PSU) on VT. It was at PSU...and not championship game. I only got to see parts of the game and don't have visual understandings of the game. Still...great win for PSU. I did see some frail guard for PSU with a very low shooting pocket hit a couple of 3 balls...and "travel" towards teh end
They limited walker for most off the game. Got key stops down the stretch there freshmen his 5 open 3s when they needed them. Made big plays down the stretch.

Don't think Penn State has that much talent overall but they do have some long and athletic guards that really disrupted VT's flow, which Purdue noticeably struggled with. Also didn't try and out run VT either which Purdue was willing to do. Penn State worked the clock all night, didn't force anything and took quality shots that didn't allow for many run outs and easy baskets.

Will be a good test for the Boilers tonight. Florida State is a fast and athletic team that wants to run as well and may not bode well if we're trying to get in a track meet.

Don't think Penn State has that much talent overall but they do have some long and athletic guards that really disrupted VT's flow, which Purdue noticeably struggled with. Also didn't try and out run VT either which Purdue was willing to do. Penn State worked the clock all night, didn't force anything and took quality shots that didn't allow for many run outs and easy baskets.

Will be a good test for the Boilers tonight. Florida State is a fast and athletic team that wants to run as well and may not bode well if we're trying to get in a track meet.
Villinova slowed FS down if we run our offense we in this game. Take care of the ball play within the team game plan Purdue can win this game. Not try to run and gun with them play to Purdue strengths but getting all involved in the offense it’s a game Purdue definitely can win.

Villinova slowed FS down if we run our offense we in this game. Take care of the ball play within the team game plan Purdue can win this game. Not try to run and gun with them play to Purdue strengths but getting all involved in the offense it’s a game Purdue definitely can win.

Definitely agree. Grind it out with them, limit possessions, make the extra pass, and it will be a great game.

Also at this point I'm just not sure how good we are outside of Edwards. Really need players to step up. Cline is a nice complimentary piece but he cannot be the 2nd best player on this team if we want to make any noise this season.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Also at this point I'm just not sure how good we are outside of Edwards. Really need players to step up. Cline is a nice complimentary piece but he cannot be the 2nd best player on this team if we want to make any noise this season.
They other players are good very good 6 games in 5 decent competitive games 1 really good competitive game so much more games to be played you simply cannot show your entire offense in 6 games. Let season play out so much more than just carsen on this team.

Its hard to only have 4 guys score and win any game. Thats why I wasnt impressed with VT. If you noticed the Hill dude didnt even score this game against PSU and had 13 against us. I think VT and Michigan State are over ranked by at least 5 spots.

Reactions: pboiler18
There was a sequence of plays down the stretch where they we out of sync. About 5 or 6 consecutive possessions with turnovers and subsequent blown assignments on D.

to be honest, they didn't look like the same team from Charleston. I didn't see the same energy.

Blackshear played poorly in the 2nd half.

maybe they underestimated PSU.

vt won because the refs hit us up with a bunch of fouls at the beginning of the second half. We suffered the whole half. nojel had to ride pine and they shot an absurd 26 free throws despite purdue otherwise outplaying them. was not surprised to see psu sneak a win out in the mausoleum.

vt won because the refs hit us up with a bunch of fouls at the beginning of the second half. We suffered the whole half. nojel had to ride pine and they shot an absurd 26 free throws despite purdue otherwise outplaying them. was not surprised to see psu sneak a win out in the mausoleum.

Totally agree. The fact that PSU won gives support to your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT