ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Jazz on NBA TV tonight @ 9

Saw Grayson Allen get into a scuffle with Trae Young. Did not see Isaac but wasn't able to see entire game.

He played 15 minutes in the first game. 2 points, 0 rebounds. He did not play in the next two games.

I didn't think he played. Thanks for confirming that.

Vince and the Rockets are playing against the Pacers right now. I haven't seen his teammates look for him much so far.

I'm not sure that Vince scored. It was a forgettable game for him.
1-6 from three. Vincent needs to adjust to the deeper arc since he rarely took threes much further than a step behind that arc in college. He’ll get there...had 7 boards and defended well. That’s all that he’ll be asked to do this year on the Rockets...especially if Melo ends up in Houston.

I feel like they aren't utilizing Isaac, he is pure offense, and doesn't get many touches. At least they got him the ball a couple times this game. It's like playing kyle korver and not throwing him the ball. Doesn't make sense, but then again wins don't matter here.

I feel like they aren't utilizing Isaac, he is pure offense, and doesn't get many touches. At least they got him the ball a couple times this game. It's like playing kyle korver and not throwing him the ball. Doesn't make sense, but then again wins don't matter here.
Summer league games are a lot like all star games. They are very much guard dominated. Big men often times go unused.

But Isaac had a great turnaround jumper over Biggie that NBAtv has a great highlight of....I just couldn’t figure out how to post here from the NBA app...duh....
Use the following link, select video and scroll down thru the videos. In addition to the Haas shot, there’s a video of a Swanigan shot, and a Terry Stotts interview in which he talks about Swanigan’s opportunity to play on the Blazers this year at about the 4:20 mark. http://www.nba.com/games/20180707/PORUTA#/video

Last edited:
I’d be fascinated to know just what coaches/GMs/etc are looking for in summer league games. I can’t imagine it matters much whether Mathias goes 4-10 from 3 or 2-10 from 3. His shooting is a known commodity. Similar story for Vince. I have to think in their cases not sticking out as unathletic, playing good defense, etc is probably way more important than making shots over a 3 game sample.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT