ADVERTISEMENT

University Of Iowa President Says The Plan Is For Football Players To Start Practice June 1

It's all good and well to have that as a goal but I don't think it means anything, even coming from a University President. It doesn't mean anything more than what Mitch said about classes. We just don't know yet.

It's time.

The curve was flattened long ago. The hospitals were never overrun. Time to start getting back to normal.

Just to be pedantic.... everybody talks about one curve, but it varies so much by region.

compare curves of Iowa and New York... they look completely different.

Just to be pedantic.... everybody talks about one curve, but it varies so much by region.

compare curves of Iowa and New York... they look completely different.

Correct.

That's why the idea of a blanket quarantine likely wasn't the right solution.

That's also why it's a good idea to start getting back to normal, for those regions/areas where it makes sense.

That's also why so many people have pitched a fit about the way those in authority have exercised their control.

Not sure what you've seen, but I haven't read anywhere about anyone talking about a single curve. Yes, there will be a curve that could be attributed to the entire country, but overall it's different in SD or WY than in NY or CA.

Correct.

That's why the idea of a blanket quarantine likely wasn't the right solution.

That's also why it's a good idea to start getting back to normal, for those regions/areas where it makes sense.

That's also why so many people have pitched a fit about the way those in authority have exercised their control.

Not sure what you've seen, but I haven't read anywhere about anyone talking about a single curve. Yes, there will be a curve that could be attributed to the entire country, but overall it's different in SD or WY than in NY or CA.

ok, it sounds like we agree. But your initial post talked about “the curve” in the singular sense. And if blanket quarantines don’t make sense, then blanket “back to normal” statements don’t either.

i really struggled with deciding to post a reply because I’m really not trying to Pick a fight

Reactions: Purdue85
ok, it sounds like we agree. But your initial post talked about “the curve” in the singular sense. And if blanket quarantines don’t make sense, then blanket “back to normal” statements don’t either.

i really struggled with deciding to post a reply because I’m really not trying to Pick a fight

Hey, it's all good. No fight here.

I like the way the different states (and even counties/cities) are approaching their own decisions. (Indiana is loosening up restrictions, and Indy has their own timetable.)

Overall, it sounds like we're in agreement.

Hey, it's all good. No fight here.

I like the way the different states (and even counties/cities) are approaching their own decisions. (Indiana is loosening up restrictions, and Indy has their own timetable.)

Overall, it sounds like we're in agreement.

agreed. in general I’m all for locality of government

Reactions: Purdue85
Saw something today that indicated no athletic activity if no students on campus.

Personally I don't agree that the curve has been flattened locally with the two hot spots at Tyson and Indiana Packers.

eh?

Flattening the curve has nothing to do with "hot spots", and everything to do with not overwhelming hospitals. We were always going to have people infected with the virus, and likely localized "hot spots", as you put it.

Hells bells, NY has been ground zero and has had hot spots (absolutely idiotic decisions to put infected patients in nursing homes) but has most certainly flattened the curve.

Saw something today that indicated no athletic activity if no students on campus.
That was from Mark Emmert. And makes perfect sense. How can we have college sports if college isn't happening in normal forms?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT