ADVERTISEMENT

UK writer singing the praises of Purdue recruiting

It's been glorious down here.

UK and UoL fans are melting hard. I had three UoL/UK fans text me that link today, and I love the taste of their sweet tears. JJ Weaver might have them jumping off the JFK.

Historically, UoL and UK are bottom-feeders anyway. CJB is sending them scurrying back under their trailers (UK fan), and back to their whorehouses (UoL fan).

All hail the Brohm-Squad!!!

Reactions: B1Gboilermaker

UK and UoL fans are melting hard. I had three UoL/UK fans text me that link today, and I love the taste of their sweet tears. JJ Weaver might have them jumping off the JFK.

Historically, UoL and UK are bottom-feeders anyway. CJB is sending them scurrying back under their trailers (UK fan), and back to their whorehouses (UoL fan).

The thing is, I want Petrino to be successful. I want him to coach into his 80’s.

It is nice to read articles about us being a force in the football recruiting world. We took 4 of the top 8 out of Kentucky last year, but we haven't taken a recruit out of their state yet this year. I hope that changes really soon since we are hard on the recruiting trail of the top 3 uncommitted Kentucky prospects left (Wright, Weaver, Robinson).

2019 Class by State:
AL-1
CA-1
IL-2
IN-2
KY-1? 2? 3? ????
MI-2
NC-1
OH-5
TN-1
TX-2
VA-2

It is nice to read articles about us being a force in the football recruiting world. We took 4 of the top 8 out of Kentucky last year, but we haven't taken a recruit out of their state yet this year. I hope that changes really soon since we are hard on the recruiting trail of the top 3 uncommitted Kentucky prospects left (Wright, Weaver, Robinson).

2019 Class by State:
AL-1
CA-1
IL-2
IN-2
KY-1? 2? 3? ????
MI-2
NC-1
OH-5
TN-1
TX-2
VA-2

We took Grant "from them". He was all but a lock for Kentucky untilPurdue got involved. Grant is going to be a monster.

Grant, Rice, Hunter, and Beverly all had UK offers. Purdue was also very successful in the surrounding states of Indiana (as CJB mentioned would be a priority).

Jornigan, Graham, Weaver, Wright, and Moore are all players that have Kentucky and Purdue in their top picks. That's a lot of talent, and if Purdue takes those top targets away there will be a complete melt down.

Last year was Moore, Bramel, Trice, and Smith. Moore was the one that probably irked them the most. Now Purdue is in on 3 of the top Kentucky players and Kentucky likely won't get a single top 15 kid from Kentucky. Ouch. (They do have a shot at #10, Crumes the WR).

Kentucky has one commit from Kentucky right now. Other teams still view Purdue as the team they were the 8 years prior to CJB. They are even more frustrated because of all of CJB's ties to Kentucky, but he is using them for Purdue. I get the frustration for sure. CJB and his staff are doing an unbelievable job, and other fans/teams are taking notice.

I don't know how many we get from Kentucky, but I really want Weaver. Said it before and I will say it again. That dude is going to be a monster. If Purdue gets him, he will be a 3 year player and get drafted in the first round. I love what our strength and conditioning coaches have been getting out of our players and the defensive coaching staff showed they are one of the best in the country last year.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
We took Grant "from them". He was all but a lock for Kentucky untilPurdue got involved. Grant is going to be a monster.

Grant, Rice, Hunter, and Beverly all had UK offers. Purdue was also very successful in the surrounding states of Indiana (as CJB mentioned would be a priority).

Jornigan, Graham, Weaver, Wright, and Moore are all players that have Kentucky and Purdue in their top picks. That's a lot of talent, and if Purdue takes those top targets away there will be a complete melt down.

Last year was Moore, Bramel, Trice, and Smith. Moore was the one that probably irked them the most. Now Purdue is in on 3 of the top Kentucky players and Kentucky likely won't get a single top 15 kid from Kentucky. Ouch. (They do have a shot at #10, Crumes the WR).

Kentucky has one commit from Kentucky right now. Other teams still view Purdue as the team they were the 8 years prior to CJB. They are even more frustrated because of all of CJB's ties to Kentucky, but he is using them for Purdue. I get the frustration for sure. CJB and his staff are doing an unbelievable job, and other fans/teams are taking notice.

I don't know how many we get from Kentucky, but I really want Weaver. Said it before and I will say it again. That dude is going to be a monster. If Purdue gets him, he will be a 3 year player and get drafted in the first round. I love what our strength and conditioning coaches have been getting out of our players and the defensive coaching staff showed they are one of the best in the country last year.
Who's frustrated? I am not sure you understood my post. I wasn't expressing disappointment with Brohm recruiting Kentucky. I liked the article and the fact that we are getting recruits that UofL an UK are recruiting. The point I was making is that it is fantastic that the fans from these schools are frustrated with Purdue getting prospects that they are after despite the fact we haven't even taken a recruit out of their state YET this year. My hope is that we will and then they will really melt down.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I still want Brohm to dominate the state of Indiana. I want all the HS kids to have Purdue in their top 3. If Purdue can win games over the next several years then kids will take notice and this may happen.
Agree. I also like that 5 of 247Sports Top 2020 Indiana Prospects are Lineman. Great opportunity there.

Who's frustrated? I am not sure you understood my post. I wasn't expressing disappointment with Brohm recruiting Kentucky. I liked the article and the fact that we are getting recruits that UofL an UK are recruiting. The point I was making is that it is fantastic that the fans from these schools are frustrated with Purdue getting prospects that they are after despite the fact we haven't even taken a recruit out of their state YET this year. My hope is that we will and then they will really melt down.

Who's frustrated? Kentucky is. The whole point of mine and your post.

This post made me laugh out loud

Reactions: Cleanface
Left the link on the recruiting forum for Kentucky rivals under the title “thanks for the chicken.” Cheap grins on a Sunday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT