ADVERTISEMENT

UConn 75, Purdue 60: Game Wrap

30 pt halves never cut it. Give credit to them using their length and perimeter quickness to their advantage defensively. Very good team on that side of the ball. Exceptional really.....and the results show that.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Need an upgrade at guard for Loyer next year.....Can't create his own shot or play defense
Well gotta be careful using UCONN as evidence. They beat everyone like this.

Having said that, Loyer needs to get stronger at least. He's tossed around way too much. Needs to figure out how to add some heft and strength. There's enough talent coming in that he can't plateau.

Probably won't see a team like this again for a long time.

Well gotta be careful using UCONN as evidence. They beat everyone like this.

Having said that, Loyer needs to get stronger at least. He's tossed around way too much. Needs to figure out how to add some heft and strength. There's enough talent coming in that he can't plateau.

Probably won't see a team like this again for a long time.
With out Edey everybody will be coming back home to the rim against Purdue we will have to get bigger at the 2-3-4 next year and guicker all around 3point shooting is a must in this game now

cmp was mediocre tonight. We got killed on the boards and couldn't get any shooters a look. No good half time adjustments, things got worse. This team is built to shoot and it was just nonexistent. We needed an A effort from everyone and we weren't close.

Sucks we couldnt keep it close. I am happy we got here. The wings were a big mismatch. Glad that smith seemed to play a lot better.

Alot of good returning players and a good recruting class but we will def take a step back without edey. Should still be a solid team though.

My clock has been reset with this finals appearance so I am at peace.

However, I thought this cleared my curse but I left the bar with the cubs being up 8 to 0 so atleast I had that tonight. Get home and cubs lose 9 to 8.

Cant make this shit up

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
cmp was mediocre tonight. We got killed on the boards and couldn't get any shooters a look. No good half time adjustments, things got worse. This team is built to shoot and it was just nonexistent. We needed an A effort from everyone and we weren't close.
Have to agree. Not way of any adjustments from cmp. Hate to say he got out coached?

What adjustments would have addressed the gross mismatches at every position but Edey?

He gave Colvin and Heide significant minutes, he played more Gillis than TKR, and he couldn't take out Edey because the moment he did, UCONN dominated even more.

We didn't have the horses. No other coach has figured out second half adjustments in tourney play to beat them for the last two years. That's why they've won 12 tourney games in a row by 13 or more points.

Play ten games we might win one. Maybe.

Have to agree. Not way of any adjustments from cmp. Hate to say he got out coached?
UConn was the better team we had the best player he needed a lot of help they put the
Squeeze on the back court and they didn’t even fill safe shooting UConn played their game

What adjustments would have addressed the gross mismatches at every position but Edey?

He gave Colvin and Heide significant minutes, he played more Gillis than TKR, and he couldn't take out Edey because the moment he did, UCONN dominated even more.

We didn't have the horses. No other coach has figured out second half adjustments in tourney play to beat them for the last two years. That's why they've won 12 tourney games in a row by 13 or more points.

Yeah to say nothing was done and Painter was "mediocre" is just not a genuine critique. Sorry Top. Sometimes another team is just better than you and Uconn has been better than everyone for two years.

He has gotten to the rim a good amount tonight and this tournament. Just needs to learn how to finish it.
Yes, finishing was the struggle for sure. Or, better learn how to draw a contact foul at a minimum, and not try to avoid the defender unsuccessfully every time.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Yep. Sometimes it really is all about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT