ADVERTISEMENT

Two missed traveling calls in last 5 minutes

gelesen

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
by Anunoby and Johnson that were obvious and very critical no calls at the time were maybe bigger than the questionable goal tending call. Cost us 3 points since both players subsequently were fouled and mad e 3 of 4 free throws. Those 3 points are pretty big. Also when Johnson got hurt we were allowed to pick the shooter of those on the floor to replace him. We picked Anunoby a 56% FT shooter and of course he made both.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
Agree. Those sure didn't help...but, man we looked like a hot mess the entire game til the last 5 minutes or so. If we play with that intensity the whole game? We blow IU out. And, that is on Painter. That is the hardest part to swallow...knowing we let a big game, against our most hated rival, get away.

Reactions: spradecki
Turnovers killed PU............and the mentioned missed calls
Although I blame the players and the refs for those.

What about the charge against PJ? I thought the defender slid under PJ while he was in the air. And, of course, the shot wouldn't fall and rimmed out.

Reactions: atmafola
Agree. Those sure didn't help...but, man we looked like a hot mess the entire game til the last 5 minutes or so. If we play with that intensity the whole game? We blow IU out. And, that is on Painter. That is the hardest part to swallow...knowing we let a big game, against our most hated rival, get away.
The TO that pi&&ed me off is the soft pass from the wing back to the point that went for a dunk! JH threw a lazy pass to the wrong shoulder and RD did not come to meet the ball. We continue to throw that pass year after year and that concerns me, it seems to me that they could get that fixed in practice!

Just thinking out loud....

Are we allowed to pick anyone on the bench to shoot the free throws or is there some sort of stipulation like it has to be someone that has played in the game? If there's no stipulation, wouldn't you pick some small walk on who never plays? Even if that walk on is a decent FT shooter he's going to feel unbelievable nerves at that moment and if he misses it creates an advantage for us when that guy tries to guard someone at the other end.

TC4THREE, the replacement shooter has to be one of the other 4 guys that were on the floor at the time of the injury.

TC4THREE, the replacement shooter has to be one of the other 4 guys that were on the floor at the time of the injury.

Thanks. I had always thought that Purdue chose anyone off the bench to bring in the game but that makes more sense.

What about the charge against PJ? I thought the defender slid under PJ while he was in the air. And, of course, the shot wouldn't fall and rimmed out.
PJ was already airborne before the defender moved into the position. Should have been a foul the other way. But refs get those calls wrong all the time.

Thanks. I had always thought that Purdue chose anyone off the bench to bring in the game but that makes more sense.

At one point, you could pick anyone. I think it was changed a few years ago (maybe longer now?) when they started allowing coaches to pick their own shooter if the injury was due to a flagrant foul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT