ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers plague Purdue in loss to Ohio (link)

Hard to defend. Young does not work for this game. This team has not been particularly turnover prone. Ohio played very well on O and D and were badly outrebounded, but very few teams can overcome 33 tos, many unforced. And we are wearing Harris out as Kisler just is too slow and weak to do much except rebound when it comes to her height. This team just scored 95 on a similar team but could do virtually nothing right with the ball. This may turn out to be a very bad season and the anti-Versyp contingent will have plenty to legitimately gripe about. But when Lawson comes back and maybe Digou and Harris gets some help it might do better. What we saw today tho was truly awful and Ohio is not exactly a world beater team. If this continues, it is hard to know what Bo will do. I am less optimistic for Versyp after losing two at home to the MAC in a week. But the team is still young and the season has a long way to go so we'll see. Actually kind of amazing that they had a shot at winning with 33 to;s. That was clearly the difference and should be.

This kind of game smells of poor preparation, lack of focus, and the inability to make mid-game corrections. I did not see the game, but anytime a team has 33 turnovers against equal or inferior competition, something is going wrong. Perhaps the team was not mentally prepared to play the game.

yes a really bad game. We have seen this early season before. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

It is time to fire up the coaching search team. We have known this for a long time, but rationalize it away. I am not saying coaching staff aren't good people, they are. I think they can go somewhere else and be OK. Just like here, they're ok.
It is time to let everyone have a fresh start.

Purdue is now in last place in the BT. Not good to see. I think that we will have to see what plays out the rest of this season as there are a lot of young promising players and a strong recruiting class due. If this team is playing as awful as we have seen recently at the end of the season than I think that we may well see a change, but if there is a distinct turn around as we saw last year, than I think it may not change. That is where I think the situation is at, but what do I know :)

This kind of game smells of poor preparation, lack of focus, and the inability to make mid-game corrections. I did not see the game, but anytime a team has 33 turnovers against equal or inferior competition, something is going wrong. Perhaps the team was not mentally prepared to play the game.
I've never seen 33 turnovers in a college game. Maybe 5-6th grade BB but not at this level.
Hopefully our AD is out looking for replacements for Versyp now.

I've never seen 33 turnovers in a college game. Maybe 5-6th grade BB but not at this level.
Hopefully our AD is out looking for replacements for Versyp now.
I rarely ever leave a game before the final buzzer regardless of score. I could not take it anymore. I left at halftime even though we were ahead by one. 19 turnovers (mostly unforced). No defense. Ladies looked lost. Must have been a great halftime speech (TIC) as they started the second half with 5 TO and only one shot. Can't blame it on great competition, either. Not much out there. We should be undefeated with the talent on our current roster.

I rarely ever leave a game before the final buzzer regardless of score. I could not take it anymore. I left at halftime even though we were ahead by one. 19 turnovers (mostly unforced). No defense. Ladies looked lost. Must have been a great halftime speech (TIC) as they started the second half with 5 TO and only one shot. Can't blame it on great competition, either. Not much out there. We should be undefeated with the talent on our current roster.
We seem to be playing worse than a AAU team. Where is the coaching?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT