ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue upsets No. 2 Ohio State 73-65 in Columbus

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Started a game thread for a discussion with the Boilermakers taking on No. 2 Ohio State this afternoon.

Something of note: About half the team is dealing with flu-like symptoms today so there could be some big changes to the lineup.

EDIT:

Purdue women's basketball knocks off No. 2 Ohio State 73-65 in Columbus. It was the first win over a top five team on the road in program history.

Last edited:
Started a game thread for a discussion with the Boilermakers taking on No. 2 Ohio State this afternoon.

Something of note: About half the team is dealing with flu-like symptoms today so there could be some big changes to the lineup.
Oh ouch. Purdue has zero margin or cushion in any aspect of their game. Could be ugly

Following the mens game thread and didn’t realize this game has started. Saw the ladies were up big in the 1st Q. Will get the radio feed going, but geez… beware the sick(ish) team, huh? 😂

41-29 Purdue at the half. Didn’t see this coming. 9/17 from 3 in the first half per Tim Newton. Still, I won’t be surprised if OSU makes a comeback to take this game. Wish I was more confident but.,,, you know, history…

Reactions: rgarlitz
Purdue going to win this thing? Who saw this coming? Wow!
I sure didn’t PD. Some kind of switch flipped for this team in the last week. Honestly I expected this level of energy and effort all season, along with improved play and execution. But better late than never I guess.
Coupled with the men’s win today, I’m having a “pinch me” moment 😄 ! Thrilled for the team and coaches - great day for Boiler basketball.

Great win for the team. Pretty much everyone contributed. Abbey Ellis was a star with 26 points. Cassidy Hardin hit huge 3 after huge 3 all game long and finished with 15 points. Madison Layden with 7 huge points down the stretch. Janae Terry with 8 points and 8 assists. Caitlyn Harper with 12 hard earned points.

Just a great all-around game by a great group of young ladies. They deserve a win like this.

And special shout out to Coach Katie Gearlds and her staff for getting this team ready to pull off a huge upset of the #2 team in the country on their court.

Of course, I'm sure there will be at least one board member who will be here soon to tell us why we shouldn't be excited about this team and coach.

Can't wait to play Indiana. You just never know....maybe they can pull off 3 upsets in a row!

Great win for the team. Pretty much everyone contributed. Abbey Ellis was a star with 26 points. Cassidy Hardin hit huge 3 after huge 3 all game long and finished with 15 points. Madison Layden with 7 huge points down the stretch. Janae Terry with 8 points and 8 assists. Caitlyn Harper with 12 hard earned points.

Just a great all-around game by a great group of young ladies. They deserve a win like this.

And special shout out to Coach Katie Gearlds and her staff for getting this team ready to pull off a huge upset of the #2 team in the country on their court.

Of course, I'm sure there will be at least one board member who will be here soon to tell us why we shouldn't be excited about this team and coach.

Can't wait to play Indiana. You just never know....maybe they can pull off 3 upsets in a row!
Team had 15 wins last year, at that number now with 7 more games left and the conference tournament.

Reactions: DocRon and rgarlitz
ADVERTISEMENT