ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Sisley to iu

It's an interesting point. Right now, as much as I hate to admit it, if my son were a D-1 football recruit and was choosing between IU and Purdue, IU would have the better coach in terms of development and winning right now.

I think the opposite is true in basketball. But kids that grow up in the south part of Indiana are going to grow up being bombarded by IU basketball propaganda even if they have done very little as of late. I'd like to think I'd be rational if trying to help my own kid pick the best program to play for even though I went to one school and have been a fan of them ever since. But it seems like many parents don't dig that deep.

Sisley may do well at IU. He's certainly skilled enough. But I'm not sure I've seen Woodson demonstrate development of a player at his position with his skillset though. Other than TJD and JHS I don't think he's done great with any other players he's had. Woodson comes from the NBA and he seems to do better when he has a player with NBA talent that he can just give them the ball and let them work. Painter is great at featuring the top talent in his offense too but he does much better coaching the rest of the players to play off those mismatches.

Oh no, I’m saying it plays a huge factor. If NIL wasn’t a thing, IU certainly would not get a majority of the players they have. The kids should get paid but don’t act like these they are going to IU just because it’s IU or because of Woody. They haven’t seen IU be that successful in their lifetimes.
Iu has always recruited well..

Iu has always recruited well..
They bought all those transfers. Maybe 1-2 would have gone to IU if they didn’t get that $$$. But you keep tellin yourself all those kids were chompin at the bit to go to IU once the portal opened!
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT