ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Sisley to iu

I am surprised an in-state player would want to play for Woodson.

That is, if a kid doesn't want to play for Painter, why wouldn't he play for a good coach out of state if the had the opportunity like this kid - rather than play for Woodson.

It must be the economics of NIL because otherwise this makes no sense.

Didn't think he was coming here when he went the prep school route. I believe the good players we got from prep schools were committed to us prior to them going there.

Will be interesting to see if Woodson can develop him....or a good team with him.

I am surprised an in-state player would want to play for Woodson.

That is, if a kid doesn't want to play for Painter, why wouldn't he play for a good coach out of state if the had the opportunity like this kid - rather than play for Woodson.

It must be the economics of NIL because otherwise this makes no sense.
Both he and his family have been longtime Hoosier fans, and he has siblings who have attended there. His decision and he’ll have to live with any consequences that affect his career. I don’t believe he made the best decision for himself but it was his decision to make. He’s a good player and will be an asset for IU if they develop and use him to the best of his abilities.

Both he and his family have been longtime Hoosier fans, and he has siblings who have attended there. His decision and he’ll have to live with any consequences that affect his career. I don’t believe he made the best decision for himself but it was his decision to make. He’s a good player and will be an asset for IU if they develop and use him to the best of his abilities.
Forget family and all the rest of it. He should have sought the best coach if he wants to play on. I hope for him he gets a good chance to transfer if and when it doesn't work out.

Yep good luck to him except when we play him 😂. But hope it works out for him. Hope woodys still there next year for him.

Forget family and all the rest of it. He should have sought the best coach if he wants to play on. I hope for him he gets a good chance to transfer if and when it doesn't work out.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I’m just pointing out that likely affected his decision. I think several of the other schools would possibly have been better as far as developing and coaching are concerned

Reactions: Riveting
Well $$$ plays a part too and IU is willing to shell out as much as possible to sniff the second weekend again…so we will see if it pans out. Hope it’s the best decision for him.

I know Painter was in on him for a long time, but recruiting misses don’t bother me like they used to. Opens up opportunity for someone else.
Painter has shown time and time again he can develop players with of course Zach being the greatest example of that (so far). So you are correct, these are not bothersome and we still have a truckload of talent on the team and coming in.

Reactions: Schnelk
Didn't think he was coming here when he went the prep school route. I believe the good players we got from prep schools were committed to us prior to them going there.

Will be interesting to see if Woodson can develop him....or a good team with him.
Montverde will develop him pretty well. They seem to be at the top of the high school basketball world right now.

I, uhh, don't think you know what that word means
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Reactions: Gemini95
I, uhh, don't think you know what that word means
It is two words and I do know what they mean.

It was simply a fan's opinion that a player is not positioning himself in the best way for his future. Given the number of transfers these days, it is not unusual for players to come to the same conclusion themselves.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Of course, all opinions are narcissistic 🙄😂…
Well thats not true. Just those that purport to know what is best for someone else without knowing what their situation, priorities, interpersonal relationships, etc are.

it’s just a flipping opinion that hurts or affects no one but you do you lol
This is quite true. Just found it surprising.

You act as if it's some knock to pay players.
Oh no, I’m saying it plays a huge factor. If NIL wasn’t a thing, IU certainly would not get a majority of the players they have. The kids should get paid but don’t act like these they are going to IU just because it’s IU or because of Woody. They haven’t seen IU be that successful in their lifetimes.

Oh no, I’m saying it plays a huge factor. If NIL wasn’t a thing, IU certainly would not get a majority of the players they have. The kids should get paid but don’t act like these they are going to IU just because it’s IU or because of Woody. They haven’t seen IU be that successful in their lifetimes.
I think you are underestimating the draw of IU's nationally acclaimed General Studies program.

Reactions: Schnelk
Indiana would still be getting some of these guys. They were getting 5 stars before NIL and getting good players. Now, they can just add an extra.

Of course, all opinions are narcissistic 🙄😂…
Sarcasm!

Well thats not true. Just those that purport to know what is best for someone else without knowing what their situation, priorities, interpersonal relationships, etc are.

And again stating an opinion based on recent program history is not narcissistic. It’s just my personal opinion and I never said or intimidated it was in any way better than anyone else’s opinion. Just saying…

I am in total support of their current plan to just throw wads of money at whatever "good" players they can get to accept it. Team concept and continuity be damned.
Ballo fits the team concept perfectly. Couldn't hit a shot for anything last year. So Woody went and got an offensive rebounder.

Talent won't be Indiana's issue if they aren't good and really hasn't been their issue the past several years. One could argue that talent at certain positions or skills has been lacking but that's more of a Woodson problem in putting the team together. They should be near the top of the conference every year but that seems to be more of an exception under Woodson than the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT