ADVERTISEMENT

Too much talent differential today, but look for intangibles

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
1) Spirited / energetic
2) Moxy / toughness
3) Tenacious to the end

If those mentioned above are there, we may want to find a way to keep a portion of the existing staff as they become the change makers. I know a new coach wants to assemble their staff and possibly bring a big portion if not all of them, but you'd have to consider Coaches that may help turn the corner sooner than later.

1) Spirited / energetic
2) Moxy / toughness
3) Tenacious to the end

If those mentioned above are there, we may want to find a way to keep a portion of the existing staff as they become the change makers. I know a new coach wants to assemble their staff and possibly bring a big portion if not all of them, but you'd have to consider Coaches that may help turn the corner sooner than later.

Just no. Time to flush the toilet and move on.

The only guy who I think belongs at this level is Malone, and we could do better with an offensive coordinator hire for sure.

I think you are underestimating how bad Hazell was. His absence will automatically vault us into contention. I mean, we BEAT Nebraska last year with Hazell coaching. We should destroy them without him.

Last edited:
It's silly to think that firing Hazell was going to enact some dramatic change.

What intangibles were being held back by him? We're players not catching footballs or tackling just because he was on the sidelines? Get real...

Lol, gotta keep sticking a dagger in when you can on Hazell being fired mid season. Let it go
Yep, he's approaching the MKPeters level of butt hurt when Hope was let go. Hopefully the Boilers show enough improvement, even if only in attitude and preparation, to show there was no downside to letting Hazell go midseason.

It's silly to think that firing Hazell was going to enact some dramatic change.

What intangibles were being held back by him? We're players not catching footballs or tackling just because he was on the sidelines? Get real...

Your underestimate a new management philosophy. You might want to get real as well. Joe Tiller did it as have other coaches i.e. Alvarez, Chryst, etc.

Your underestimate a new management philosophy. You might want to get real as well. Joe Tiller did it as have other coaches i.e. Alvarez, Chryst, etc.
New management philosophy? You mean by the same guys (minus one) that were already leading the program?

Alright man...

Look...I hope we win the game but if Replogle and Bentley don't play again and we refuse to stop the run like we did last week...ain't shit changing.

Why would firing dh2 mean immediate success when their goal is long term/another coach

Last edited:
Yep, he's approaching the MKPeters level of butt hurt when Hope was let go. Hopefully the Boilers show enough improvement, even if only in attitude and preparation, to show there was no downside to letting Hazell go midseason.

Except I'm not sad to see him go. I'd written him off as a bad coach while most of you clowns were still blaming Hope for Hazel's coaching. Meanwhile you're setting the bar so low for anything that might possibly be construed as any sign of improvement to try to find something that backs up the claim that there was a point to firing him in the middle of the season at 3-3 other than you being butthurt.

Except I'm not sad to see him go. I'd written him off as a bad coach while most of you clowns were still blaming Hope for Hazel's coaching. Meanwhile you're setting the bar so low for anything that might possibly be construed as any sign of improvement to try to find something that backs up the claim that there was a point to firing him in the middle of the season at 3-3 other than you being butthurt.
Still don't see how your argument aligns and is consistent regarding dh2

Thought he was a terrible hire since year 1 yet wanted him this full season and potentially more

Still don't see how your argument aligns and is consistent regarding dh2

Thought he was a terrible hire since year 1 yet wanted him this full season and potentially more

If that's your interpretation then you don't understand my position.

The Bar was apparently set quite low by Hazell based on some things posted on KC. Hope left some holes in recruiting and the one thing Hazell was supposed to be good at was recruiting. Per Bossi, Hazell's recruiting methods were 20 years behind the times and really handcuffed the assistants. Instead of concentrating on recruiting or even player development on the field, Hazell apparently spent a great deal of time on things like the player manual and decorating the offices to his taste. So after reading a few comments like that, what was to be gained by keeping Hazell 1 day longer?

Edit for the sake of being correct. I think it was Josh Helmholt (spelling?) that made those comments about Hazell's recruiting style, not Bossi. I have a hard time keeping track of who's who among the recruiting analyst (stalkers).

Last edited:
The Bar was apparently set quite low by Hazell based on some things posted on KC. Hope left some holes in recruiting and the one thing Hazell was supposed to be good at was recruiting. Per Bossi, Hazell's recruiting methods were 20 years behind the times and really handcuffed the assistants. Instead of concentrating on recruiting or even player development on the field, Hazell apparently spent a great deal of time on things like the player manual and decorating the offices to his taste. So after reading a few comments like that, what was to be gained by keeping Hazell 1 day longer?

I think you've been reading too much Stacy Clardie.

I guess Brian must believe either Stacy or his own eyes when he posts comments like that.

If it's something coming first hand from Brian it's worth considering. If it's coming from elsewhere, not so much.

If it's something coming first hand from Brian it's worth considering. If it's coming from elsewhere, not so much.
It certainly seemed that Hazell had lost the team emotionally. Parker's pre game pep talk today apparently was quite emotional, and it certainly seems the guys have spirit today, let's hope it lasts.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Glad you can finally admit that everything you say isn't worth anything. By the way, would you consider a halftime lead on the road at the #8 team in the country progress, or is your head still firmly stuck elsewhere?

Glad you can finally admit that everything you say isn't worth anything. By the way, would you consider a halftime lead on the road at the #8 team in the country progress, or is your head still firmly stuck elsewhere?

Take the moral victories where you can get them. I'll be impressed if we can win the game. Otherwise, SOS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT