ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Rathman

Matt Tiger

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2018
Tom Dienart alluded to Tom Rathman in his summary about Purdues offense.How many people on here know who Tom Rathman was?Does anyone remember William Henderson?Let us know.

I remember both.

Tom Rathman was a stud. Alstott was better. :cool:

Henderson was one of those players in the right place at the right time. Since I mentioned Alstott above, I think Mike would have had a much better career in GB.

I remember both.

Tom Rathman was a stud. Alstott was better. :cool:

Henderson was one of those players in the right place at the right time. Since I mentioned Alstott above, I think Mike would have had a much better career in GB.

I worked with a guy who played fullback at Nebraska and didnt get to start because Rathman was ahead of him on the depth chart. Not sure this adds anything to the conversation, but this seems like a useless thread anyways, lol

Oh and Alstott was better

Tom Rathman and Roger Craig - teammates for a season @ Nebraska and a formidable backfield for the San Francisco 49'ers. Rathman was underrated IMO and tough/dependable as anyone.

Loved Mike Alstott - the better/dominant runner, but candidly, Rathman was the better receiving threat.....both old-school "John Madden" team players.

The "A-Train" was asked to carry the load much more, however.....couldn't go wrong with either....gotta go with the Boilermaker in a close one. ;)

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT